IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I thought HRH The CM told the Executive that we must have a border force?

Anyone heard anything more about that?

Having a Border Force is one thing,  keeping tabs on the people once they've got in is the weak spot.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 4

Howie makes sky news!

Isle  of Man to come out of circuit-breaker lockdown on Monday

Schools and businesses will reopen with residents no longer asked to stay at home, chief minister Howard Quayle has said.

Social distancing and face coverings will be a matter of personal choice.

In a public briefing, Mr Quayle said: "Today is the 17th day where we have seen no unexplained community cases. This is a remarkable achievement and a cause of real optimism. It is clear we are heading in the right direction.

"I must thank the great Manx public for making the right decisions even though at times I know it was tough."

The Isle of Man entered its second lockdown on 7 January. 

Border controls restricting travel to the island remain in place.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie makes sky news!

Isle  of Man to come out of circuit-breaker lockdown on Monday

Schools and businesses will reopen with residents no longer asked to stay at home, chief minister Howard Quayle has said.

Social distancing and face coverings will be a matter of personal choice.

In a public briefing, Mr Quayle said: "Today is the 17th day where we have seen no unexplained community cases. This is a remarkable achievement and a cause of real optimism. It is clear we are heading in the right direction.

"I must thank the great Manx public for making the right decisions even though at times I know it was tough."

The Isle of Man entered its second lockdown on 7 January. 

Border controls restricting travel to the island remain in place.

I read above and first thoughts , 17 days without unexplained cases . My thought would be it implies there have been explained ones . Is it just me being old and thick !?? 

31 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I read above and first thoughts , 17 days without unexplained cases . My thought would be it implies there have been explained ones . Is it just me being old and thick !?? 

There have been "explained" cases. There were 2 new cases today, both from travel, so "explained".

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Thanks guys , but they have been saying no new cases etc etc ..for 17 days, no mention of explained or otherwise  ...or again am I thick 

We've had 10 days of no cases (until today) and 16 days of no "community" or "unexplained" cases.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

So have the unexplained cases that we had now been explained? 

If they explained the unexplained cases then they would all be explained and there would have never been eny unexplained cases so then they would have to explain why we went into an unexplained lockdown when in fact all cases could be explained and none were  unexplained.

Then Howard, the CM that noone can explaine, would have to explaine to the rest of the unexplicably elected Council of ministers why the unexplained couldn't have been explained more quickly.

Then Paul Moulton would ask for an explanation at a press briefing, and well, you can imagine the rest.  I don't think I need to explain it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If they explained the unexplained cases then they would all be explained and there would have never been eny unexplained cases so then they would have to explain why we went into an unexplained lockdown when in fact all cases could be explained and none were  unexplained.

Then Howard, the CM that noone can explaine, would have to explaine to the rest of the unexplicably elected Council of ministers why the unexplained couldn't have been explained more quickly.

Then Paul Moulton would ask for an explanation at a press briefing, and well, you can imagine the rest.  I don't think I need to explain it.

What the hell , could you explain that more clearly please 😉

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

DA explains that the infrastructure at the Airport is because it is a 'Medical Procedure'?

I had my Flu jab in a cupboard at the Chemists!!!

The man talks bollocks.  Nowhere else in the world is building purpose built facilities.

What was his experience before being elected to Douglas Council.  

I remember he served me in the Outback once but I assume he has a glittering career beyond being a barman to qualify him for his current position?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5