IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

31 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

You're all sat here behind your keyboards judging someone who you probably don't know, doing something they would have never expected to be facing. David was an exceptionally clever, astute person at school and as far as I am concerned is handling things very well. 

Before anyone asks, no I don't know him personally, he's not my MHK, I'm just saying what I see. He's honest and appears to care.

Looking back over the years we could be in a much worse situation. 

I do know him personally. 

I won't be passing any further comment. 

I agree he is honest, and I honestly think he burnt that letter 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I do know him personally. 

I won't be passing any further comment. 

I agree he is honest, and I honestly think he burnt that letter 

He is honestly ridiculous.

As for the letter, there was nothing to burn, because there was no genuine letter. It was a disgraceful ploy to discredit Rachel Glower, concocted between the DHSC and Howard himself (David Ashford is probably not enough malicious to do it on his own initiative; he is more of a follower).

• Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

You're all sat here behind your keyboards judging someone who you probably don't know, doing something they would have never expected to be facing. David was an exceptionally clever, astute person at school and as far as I am concerned is handling things very well. 

Before anyone asks, no I don't know him personally, he's not my MHK, I'm just saying what I see. He's honest and appears to care.

Looking back over the years we could be in a much worse situation. 

Thanks for your contribution, Howard.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

He should probably know the cost of the vaccination hub then?

Unless this was a sesame street joke?

Ah ha ha ha haaaaa

I am sure tendering procedure were properly followed with a decision on the best tender then work proceeded. Why can this figure not be quoted by the Minister because they always seem to exceed the quoted figure

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

I am sure tendering procedure were properly followed with a decision on the best tender then work proceeded. Why can this figure not be quoted by the Minister because they always seem to exceed the quoted figure

I didn't see it in the Government quick quotes, but that not to say it wasn't there.

14 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Henrietta says, "We got lucky with the New Year cluster" in respect of not being in the position that Guernsey is now in. Front page of the Courier.

Well you cant knock her honestly and humble approach. Not claiming any credit for the great success we have had. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I can assure you I am not Howard.

But you must be - because on the Manx Forums, anyone who is not scathingly dismissive of a public person or organisation must either be that person or works for the organisation.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Current IOM Government website says:

• This will remain under constant review by the Council of Ministers, but subject to no further community cases, the Isle of Man Government will plan to lift all restrictions on or around 1 February 2020.

Disregarding the time shifting requirement, this is a bit woolly. When will we know for sure that all restrictions have been lifted?