IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, Hillside said:

Current IOM Government website says:

• This will remain under constant review by the Council of Ministers, but subject to no further community cases, the Isle of Man Government will plan to lift all restrictions on or around 1 February 2020.

Disregarding the time shifting requirement, this is a bit woolly. When will we know for sure that all restrictions have been lifted?

That’s when it expires (2021). You’ll know if they extend it. It’ll be all over social media and the government website.

I suppose the time for final decision making will be when the testing results for Sunday are published - around 4pm

29 minutes ago, Hillside said:

Current IOM Government website says:

• This will remain under constant review by the Council of Ministers, but subject to no further community cases, the Isle of Man Government will plan to lift all restrictions on or around 1 February 2020.

Disregarding the time shifting requirement, this is a bit woolly. When will we know for sure that all restrictions have been lifted?

Yesterday it was announced to be at one minute past midnight on Monday subject to no community cases in the interim. Don't know what will happen if there is a community case at 4.00 on Monday.

Edited by Gladys
Add

1 hour ago, Whatnonsence said:

I am sure tendering procedure were properly followed with a decision on the best tender then work proceeded. Why can this figure not be quoted by the Minister because they always seem to exceed the quoted figure

I suppose the tendering procedure would take too long but anyway, the Government departments can spend a certain amount of money without putting it to tender. Something like £10,000.

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Don't know what will happen if there is a community case at 4.00 on Monday.

There won't be. We don't have them. Ever, under any circumstances.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There won't be. We don't have them. Ever, under any circumstances.

I don't think there will be, but what difference does it make if we wait till Monday or relax from one minute past midnight this morning?  I understand that notice is always good, but who needs notice to start to meet family, and for businesses its not as though its a starter gun where you have to be ready on the start line. 

It's only a small point, but it doesn't take an awful lot of prep to go back to normal and for businesses where staffing rotas etc. have to be changed they just aren't on the starting blocks with everyone else. 

10 hours ago, Marion Costel said:

He is honestly ridiculous.

As for the letter, there was nothing to burn, because there was no genuine letter. It was a disgraceful ploy to discredit Rachel Glower, concocted between the DHSC and Howard himself (David Ashford is probably not enough malicious to do it on his own initiative; he is more of a follower).

And in keeping with tradition...................

Thanks for your contribution Rachel.

• Thanks 1