IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

This entire week has felt very arbitrary and petty tbh, almost as if the Govt were stuck between satisfying the lockdown forever brigade, and letting out those who want to do some work, see family etc. This weekend in particular, it would have been sensible to allow families and friends to meet as normal, even if they still persevered with their plan to open non essential business and leisure facilities on Monday. I strongly suspect that a lot of people will be ignoring the rules this weekend and will be seeing friends and families. 

There are as have seen numerous families meeting . Cant blame them to be honest . 

Just now, Banker said:

See Guernsey upto 184 cases now ! They still allow returning residents to isolate in the same household as families and wouldn’t be surprised if this was source of initial infections.

This is such a flawed policy . I have thought alot about it and cannot understand it tbh .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

The only watertight way for isolation  is in hotels as they do in New Zealand and Australia. 

It will be interesting to see how the virus gets back in this time out.

I would disagree and say ours is tighter.

There have been a number of cross infections in hotels, staff getting infected, and a case in the news this morning where one of the isolation hotel staff had lost their job due to a 20 minute "liason" with one of the inmates

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

My kids secondary school didn't do any online teaching Thursday or Friday, as the staff were preparing to return on Monday 🤣

Offices, shops, factories etc implemented social distancing at the drop of a hat and will turn it off again without any fuss.

Wonder if Zurich will do no work for two day so the staff can prepare to do their jobs?

The schools need time to prepare for the kids being off again in 2 weeks for half term. The kids need another week at home. Sigh.

46 minutes ago, Banker said:

retired government workers like yourself 

I work for a private company. And i doubt I will ever retire. None of our contracts are with government.

You seem to be one of those people who imagine that everyone who is not anti-government must work for the government.

(I find your strident anti government nonsense weird given your opposition on other threads to scrapping the old fashioned Post Office - with its out-dated work practices and union era pay and conditions.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pongo said:

I work for a private company. And i doubt I will ever retire. None of our contracts are with government.

You seem to be one of those people who imagine that everyone who is not anti-government must work for the government.

(I find your strident anti government nonsense weird given your opposition on other threads to scrapping the old fashioned Post Office - with its out-dated work practices and union era pay and conditions.)

Ha Ha. Yes. He's like Nicola sturgeon. A one string violin with just one tune. 

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The online offering was loads better than last time, credit is due for the efforts made, you're being a prick again there Banker.

Maybe for some but not all and not all teachers have been working, no requirement for half term they should be helping kids catch up.

47 minutes ago, Banker said:

See Guernsey upto 184 cases now ! They still allow returning residents to isolate in the same household as families and wouldn’t be surprised if this was source of initial infections.

Someone, might've been the turd mentioned ankle bracelets for returning residents and workers required to self-isolate. I'd agree with this...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-ministry-said-to-weigh-ankle-bracelets-for-those-returning-from-abroad/