IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Someone, might've been the turd mentioned ankle bracelets for returning residents and workers required to self-isolate. I'd agree with this...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-ministry-said-to-weigh-ankle-bracelets-for-those-returning-from-abroad/

Probably work here but in Guernsey the household doesn’t have to isolate so you can have several from same household going out as follows 

Providing that the household is not isolating together, and that the person isolating is compliant with all of the rules (which can be found below), the other residents of the household are not subject to any restrictions and can go about their business as normal. 

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Probably work here but in Guernsey the household doesn’t have to isolate so you can have several from same household going out as follows 

Providing that the household is not isolating together, and that the person isolating is compliant with all of the rules (which can be found below), the other residents of the household are not subject to any restrictions and can go about their business as normal. 

Guernsey latest figures.

https://covid19.gov.gg/test-results

How much clearer and how much more information.

This second wave is now bigger than the first wave.

18 minutes ago, quilp said:

Someone, might've been the turd mentioned ankle bracelets for returning residents and workers required to self-isolate. I'd agree with this...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-ministry-said-to-weigh-ankle-bracelets-for-those-returning-from-abroad/

Look what is at stake though.

Needs bringing in here. Not all people can be trusted to stick to the rules, especially when delivered nicey, nicey. As no doubt someone will remind me I have said this before, but "Immer Links Fahren Bitte" was a waste of dayglo coloured paper,

9 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Look what is at stake though.

Needs bringing in here. Not all people can be trusted to stick to the rules, especially when delivered nicey, nicey. As no doubt someone will remind me I have said this before, but "Immer Links Fahren Bitte" was a waste of dayglo coloured paper,

Don't want  tag, don't travel.  Simple. 

According to some.on here this technology ehich is widely used worldwide in various forms won't work on the island for some bizarre reason.

Seems a no brainer to me.  We need to make ways available for people to come to the island, and this is an obvious one

36 minutes ago, Banker said:

I can't see how they can't see the folly of this...

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Bringing in tagging for people who are not criminal is a dangerous step. 

Some people just cannot be trusted. It only takes one and predicting who that one might be is nigh on impossible. They're in forced isolation anyway, why wouldn't people understand and comply to an additional precautionary measure? 

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

Some people just cannot be trusted. It only takes one and predicting who that one might be is nigh on impossible. They're in forced isolation anyway, why wouldn't people understand and comply to an additional precautionary measure? 

This pandemic has seen governmental intrusion on peoples lives barely seen before. There is a risk of really overstepping the mark. I think some of our jailings probably already have. Electronic tagging of people who have done nothing wrong* is over that line too.

*legally that is, morally...?

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Don't want  tag, don't travel.  Simple. 

According to some.on here this technology ehich is widely used worldwide in various forms won't work on the island for some bizarre reason.

Seems a no brainer to me.  We need to make ways available for people to come to the island, and this is an obvious one

Manx Telecom 4G network covers 99% of the Island’s population and geographic area

29 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Tagging would not prevent people who are not tagged from visiting people who are.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Wants freedom on one hand but tagging on the other. It's a strange thing. Bringing in tagging for people who are not criminal is a dangerous step. 

Nobody wants tagging. 

It is however the obvious solution to the argument people use to keep the borders closed despite there being a near enough infallible test and isolation routine.  That being that you can't trust people to comply.

Tag them, and you don't have to trust them.

And its optional, people only have to be tagged if the elect to travel here and comply with the testing and isolation.

People.whonare desperate to travel wouldn’t have an issue with it.  Other's needn't worry about it.

Just now, pongo said:

Tagging would not prevent people who are not tagged from visiting people who are.

But the risk of that given the curtain twitcher mentality and risk of prison if rumbled are tiny.

Are you aware of people visiting those in isolation amongst the thousands who have done it over the last few months?  Did any of them result in a community issue?

16 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Are you aware of people visiting those in isolation amongst the thousands who have done it over the last few months?  Did any of them result in a community issue?

Probably because until late in the year hardly anyone was coming back infected. That's not the case now.

As I've said before, we really need there to be a belief that if you breach your isolation you are highly likely to be found out. Having just one phone call or a single visit per fortnight just doesn't cut it.

Edited by madmanxpilot

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

Probably because until late in the year hardly anyone was coming back infected. That's not the case now.

As I've said before, we really need there to be a belief that if you breach your isolation you are highly likely to be found. Having just one phone call or a single visit per fortnight just doesn't cut it.

They weren't testing people coming back.  A few who did the optional 7 day test showed up.  There were undoubtedly people coming back who were infected.

Singapore have been using tagging as a way to monitor arrivals as they have adjusted border policy since last summer.

They also have a non mobile phone based track and trace system that involves people carrying a device in their pocket or bag.