IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Is there any web based statistical analysis of the breakdown in deaths for the UK?

By that, I mean age groups, ethnicity, previous underlying health conditions?

Though terribly sad, it would be interesting to be furnished with such information.

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Is there any web based statistical analysis of the breakdown in deaths for the UK?

By that, I mean age groups, ethnicity, previous underlying health conditions?

Though terribly sad, it would be interesting to be furnished with such information.

The ONS is the place to look, tons of info    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Doesnt look like the quarantine/isolation period will be getting removed anytime soon

Good.

Although frankly they are opening up too much as it is. People living at the same address should be required to stay at home too.

1 hour ago, winnie said:

Come on, get that border open !!

Almost nobody agrees with you. Not business and not the public.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Just read this on facebook.

Doesnt look like the quarantine/isolation period will be getting removed anytime soon

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3625541287460637&id=300118256669640

End 2 End Mountain Bike race cancelled yesterday as well. Just as I was about to make my comeback, gah!

Although the reasoning on the post is a load of bullshit. I wish they would just tell us the truth that they can't afford to run it without the UK riders.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

End 2 End Mountain Bike race cancelled yesterday as well. Just as I was about to make my comeback, gah!

Although the reasoning on the post is a load of bullshit. I wish they would just tell us the truth that they can't afford to run it without the UK riders.

Well there are no concerns on island about the pandemic so they could have gone ahead.  Clearly it's not worth it so they should just say so.

• Like 1

Pretty concerning and possibly over the top predictions of a winter second wave being bandied about the UK media this morning. I'm still concerned that because of our 'success' both people and the government here are possibly being a bit complacent about things. I hope that behind the scenes there is some serious prep going on. Tynwald still taking the summer off yeah? 

• Like 1

Some worrying news on a Sky News report yesterday evening too, concerning the fallout from COVID. Italy, one of the first countries to be hit badly by the pandemic is now reporting long term, if not permanent, effects to surviving victims including organ damage to kidneys and livers as well as the lungs and also spinal complications.

It's also  being suggested that those who develop immunity to COVID19 can lose that immunity in only 3 months, leaving them open to re-infection almost straight away.

This virus is a long way from being understood or dealt with yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Pretty concerning and possibly over the top predictions of a winter second wave being bandied about the UK media this morning. I'm still concerned that because of our 'success' both people and the government here are possibly being a bit complacent about things. I hope that behind the scenes there is some serious prep going on. Tynwald still taking the summer off yeah? 

What makes you think there is complacency here?

Because we're virus free and people want the borders open. All over the world cases are shooting up and places which seemed to have it under control are putting restrictions back. I guess its a kind of fatigue really, no virus here so ignore what is going on elsewhere, things must be alright. 

24 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Some worrying news on a Sky News report yesterday evening too, concerning the fallout from COVID. Italy, one of the first countries to be hit badly by the pandemic is now reporting long term, if not permanent, effects to surviving victims including organ damage to kidneys and livers as well as the lungs and also spinal complications.

It's also  being suggested that those who develop immunity to COVID19 can lose that immunity in only 3 months, leaving them open to re-infection almost straight away.

This virus is a long way from being understood or dealt with yet.

Heart problems as well - though the statistician in me would like to see a 'blind' study with equal number of patients who hadn't had Covid-19.

• Like 1