IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I am 101% for the Covid cross infection prevention measures. I might even be easily persuaded that the punishment for breaking self-isolation is warranted..but

I am currently self-isolating and nothing but a real and verifiable emergency would have me even thinking of breaking it, yet we are treated like idiots who might. 

If you are self-isolating you should be isolated from everyone including the poor sods who are sent round to check if you might have been naughty and been out.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

tags as a way to allow people a bit more ability to travel safely

Not making selfish or unnecessary journeys until this thing is sorted is a much better idea.

It should be medical treatment and genuinely essential workers only.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

I am 101% for the Covid cross infection prevention measures. I might even be easily persuaded that the punishment for breaking self-isolation is warranted..but

I am currently self-isolating and nothing but a real and verifiable emergency would have me even thinking of breaking it, yet we are treated like idiots who might. 

If you are self-isolating you should be isolated from everyone including the poor sods who are sent round to check if you might have been naughty and been out.

Why?

They are at no more risknthan your postman or food delivery driver.

Why on earth are they "poor sods".

Its not a virus you catch by being roughly in the same area as someone for a very short period of time?

Why the panic about someone coming to the door of someone who might be infected?

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

Not making selfish or unnecessary journeys until this thing is sorted is a much better idea.

It should be medical treatment and genuinely essential workers only.

Normally spouted by the same people who couldn't be arsed to stay home during lockdown. 

The ones who drove for exercise and went tonthe shop for teabags 

Why?

Why on earth are they "poor sods".

Its not a virus you catch by being roughly in the same area as someone for a very short period of time?

Why the panic about someone coming to the door of someone who might be infected?

Qualifications to arrive at that logical simplicity?

Some of us (old enough to have zero or negative need to impress anyone about anything) might actually know quite a bit about cross-infection and its prevention. 

Self-isolation in this context should mean just that and isolated from everyone except trained medical personnel appropriately protected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure you have thought that through. You don't need to interact with the postman at all and can deal with the delivered post appropriately in your own time.

I wouldn't dream of having delivered food when self-isolating although I can appreciate it may be eventually required if you haven't pre-planned and if you have arrived without a vehicle.

7 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Qualifications to arrive at that logical simplicity?

Some of us (old enough to have zero or negative need to impress anyone about anything) might actually know quite a bit about cross-infection and its prevention. 

Self-isolation in this context should mean just that and isolated from everyone except trained medical personnel appropriately protected.

Oh come on.

There is zero risk to a bloke coming and talking to you from a distance.

None whatsoever 

If there was everyone who had been in 1886, bar logo, robinsons, B&q and M&S would be ill

Edited by horatiotheturd

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

They also have a non mobile phone based track and trace system that involves people carrying a device in their pocket or bag.

Those are for people without smartphones, they're essentially just little BLE beacons doing exactly what the exposure notifications APIs are. Same as a smartphone app for tracing without needing the smartphone.

1 minute ago, ballaughbiker said:

Depends on the precise circumstances. The only zero risk is if they stay away.

Anything else isn't zero not matter how much you would like to ridicule the idea (as before).

Come off it.

The only zero risk is to all live in our own hermetically sealed bubbles for eternity and never see or interact with anyone.

How long are you isolating for, because to get the risk to the rest of us down to zero you need to at least quadruple it

50 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

So whybks tagging different to the checks we have now? You response makes no sense

What's the tangible benefit to the tagging? We have high compliance with the measures anyway. We've had a handful of high profile breaches and that's it.

For the cost of it actually being set up, versus the cost of nosy neighbours calling the COVID line, the value simply isn't there.

• Like 1

Come off it.

The only zero risk is to all live in our own hermetically sealed bubbles for eternity and never see or interact with anyone.

How long are you isolating for, because to get the risk to the rest of us down to zero you need to at least quadruple it

Qualifications?

2nd time of asking.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

You're probably among the majority of people who are sensible and don't break quarantine. But sadly there is a small minority of idiots that have to be taken into account. 

It really does only take one small minded idiot going to the pub to plunge 86,000 people back into lockdown and cost the Government (read taxpayers) another £20m+ 

• Like 1