IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, pongo said:

It seems like a genuine need. I can certainly see a case for somehow trying to accommodate that.

Where as taking someone to university clearly isn't given that adulthood is one of the entry requirements and they don't need their hand held.

Well at least we can agree on something that there are genuine compassionate grounds, very few are attending university unless in medical or veterinary courses 

31 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Isle of Man: Tag 'em....track 'em...jail 'em.  Or not. Their choice.

UK: 40% of people beak isolation rules. Who really gives a toss eh?

Isle of Man - Covid Free

UK: Basket case.

Go figure, as the saying goes.

I don't disagree that the situations on the respective Island's are a result of actions of their governments. 

I just don't see a benefit to tagging returnees. Isolation hotels are a far more robust and reliable option 

• Like 1

So are you doing 28 days to make sure zero risk to the rest of us?

Where does 28 come from? The law says 21 atm but....

Being well into 3 figures and drawing on decades of qualified knowledge and experience, we have chosen to self-isolate much longer than that. In fact we have decided to self-isolate until called for vaccination. Being ancient, that may not be too far distant.

Naturally we planned this by filling the freezer before leaving and bringing a 4x4 packed to the gunwales with vittals including beer. Fresh fruit & veg may be the biggest limiting factor but we have good quality multivits to stave off the worst of the likes of scurvy.

Fear not. You will be safe unless you are one of the poor sods sent round to check. If you are, please ring us from your van outside next time will you and we'll come to the window.👍

Edited by ballaughbiker

44 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I have an IQ that is triple figures.  That qualifies me to say there is no risk to guys coming and knocking on your door.

Plus the fact that none of them.havs caught COVID

The average is a 100 you know, triple figures

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Where does 28 come from? The law says 21 atm but....

Being well into 3 figures and drawing on decades of qualified knowledge and experience, we have chosen to self-isolate much longer than that. In fact we have decided to self-isolate until called for vaccination. Being ancient, that may not be too far distant.

Naturally we planned this by filling the freezer before leaving and bringing a 4x4 packed to the gunwales with vittals including beer. Fresh fruit & veg may be the biggest limiting factor but we have good quality multivits to stave off the worst of the likes of scurvy.

Fear not. You will be safe unless you are one of the poor sods sent round to check. If you are, effing ring us from your van outside next time will you and we'll come to the window.👍

What possible reason do you have to think they are "poor sods"?

I honestly have no idea what you think the risk is?

Do you have any evidence that someone coming not very close to someone who might be infected for a not very long time is at risk?

At least they have a job and income which makes them much less "poor sods" than a lot of others as a result of this.

What possible reason do you have to think they are "poor sods"?

Perhaps something to do with having to consecutively visit higher than average risk individuals? This risk to them could be mostly mitigated, if not eliminated, by not having to leave their van unless absolutely necessary as per my suggestion.

I honestly have no idea what you think the risk is?

So you assume there is no risk? 

Edited by ballaughbiker
spêlling
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Perhaps something to do with having to consecutive visit higher than average risk individuals?

So you assume there is no risk? 

I don't see any risk.  They don't get close to anyone for any period of time.

Do you think our government would send them out if they thought there was a risk? They would get their arses sued if anything happened. 

Are the guys who do the testing at risk?

Edited by horatiotheturd

I don't see any risk.

Clearly but that's hardly indicative of anything other than your level of understanding. The risk to the arrivals ideally needs to be zero especially if the arrivals have an at risk medical history which neither CO or their inspectors have any knowledge.

I think nobody should come on to your property for inspection purposes unless there is reasonable suspicion you have been breaking the law or you call for help. 

In the absence of those obvious exceptions isolation should mean full isolation from everyone. 

Are the guys who do the testing at risk?

Yes but they are trained with adequate PPE so hardly a parallel situation.

Edited by ballaughbiker
spêlling again

15 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Clearly but that's hardly indicative of anything other than your level of understanding. The risk to the arrivals ideally needs to be zero especially if the arrivals have an at risk medical history which neither CO or their inspectors have any knowledge.

I think nobody should come on to your property for inspection purposes unless there is reasonable suspicion you have been breaking the law or you call for help. 

In the absence of those obvious exceptions isolation should mean full isolation from everyone. 

Yes but they are trained with adequate PPE so hardly a parallel situation.

You are talking absolute crap.

There is no risk. More risk of opening your fridge and being killed by a block of Isle of Man Creameries brie hitting you on the head. 

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Haha 2