IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Clearly but that's hardly indicative of anything other than your level of understanding. The risk to the arrivals ideally needs to be zero especially if the arrivals have an at risk medical history which neither CO or their inspectors have any knowledge.

I think nobody should come on to your property for inspection purposes unless there is reasonable suspicion you have been breaking the law or you call for help. 

In the absence of those obvious exceptions isolation should mean full isolation from everyone. 

Yes but they are trained with adequate PPE so hardly a parallel situation.

You think the risk to someone swabbing people, some of whom might be positive and some who are proved to have previously been positive is less than someone standing at the garden gate?

Wow

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 1

You are talking absolute crap

Maybe but luckily I and my medical issues don't have to rely on you for cross-infection risk and procedure.

My interest in this subject started when I was (un)ceremoniously thrown out of theatre by the Surgeon Commander at RN Hospital Haslar after I absent mindedly scratched my nose through my mask having scrubbed up. 

That was 42 years ago and nothing has changed except for some new and very virulent nasties from which I don't want any risk at all. Zero. When we know more about this that may be subject to modification based on evidence not feelings.🙄

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Maybe but luckily I and my medical issues don't have to rely on you for cross-infection risk and procedure.

My interest in this subject started when I was (un)ceremoniously thrown out of theatre by the Surgeon Commander at RN Hospital Haslar after I absent mindedly scratched my nose through my mask having scrubbed up. 

That was 42 years ago and nothing has changed except for some new and very virulent nasties from which I don't want any risk at all. Zero. When we know more about this that may be subject to modification based on evidence not feelings.🙄

So if you have worked in theatres and understand this stuff please explain the risk to the guys who check people are at home to an uneducated pleb.  I am genuinely interested because to my mind the risk is as close to zero as you can get

You think the risk to someone swabbing people, some of whom might be positive and some who are proved to have previously been positive is less than someone standing at the garden gate?

Wow

They didn't stand at the garden gate unfortunately.

Those taking swabs will have PPE and standard procedure. (For the second time).

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

They didn't stand at the garden gate unfortunately.

Those taking swabs will have PPE and standard procedure. (For the second time).

So do you not think if the people who came to check on you needed, or even might possibly need,  ppe they would have been provided with it?

What on earth do you think the risk is?

Its surely much lower than the staff on checkouts in shops?

Edited by horatiotheturd

Sorry not to have contributed to this discussion this evening but when I was making my supper earlier I opened the fridge and a block of Isle of Man Creameries Brie hit me on the fucking head!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Sorry not to have contributed to this discussion this evening but when I was making my supper earlier I opened the fridge and a block of Isle of Man Creameries Brie hit me on the fucking head!

You need to step away from those high risk activities. 

What on earth were you thinking opening the fridge? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2