IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, The Chief said:

one of the saddest things i've seen from this Island for a while.

I wonder how the guy talking about "three long weeks of lockdown" looks to the rest of the BBC North West region.

And I see the Mail and Sun pictures desk are asking for Alex's permission to repackage his images on their site.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

I wonder how the guy talking about "three long weeks of lockdown" looks to the rest of the BBC North West region.

Well I suppose it'll depend on which demographic of the region see it.

I would imagine there will be a mixed response.   The people abiding by the restrictions wanting to get out of the mess probably think "i wish we could get a grip of it with everyone chipping in like the IOM has".  The other section will be spitting vile and venom.  Whilst being the sort that travelled from one county to another, circumventing their tier 4 restrictions, to get a pint and a meal.

13 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Well I suppose it'll depend on which demographic of the region see it.

I would imagine there will be a mixed response.   The people abiding by the restrictions wanting to get out of the mess probably think "i wish we could get a grip of it with everyone chipping in like the IOM has".  The other section will be spitting vile and venom.  Whilst being the sort that travelled from one county to another, circumventing their tier 4 restrictions, to get a pint and a meal.

Regrettably many in the uk do not stick to restrictions, visiting families & friends regularly as no one can put up with the no visit rules 

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

14 Days at least I thought, But the English firm employee's who arrived at the hotel last night have toddled off all suited and booted for work this morning. And at 7:15 would be a tad early going for their swab.

Hahaha the 12 hours of lockdown were nice while they lasted. 

11 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

We keep hearing the word "lucky" bandied about.   Perhaps it wasn't luck, rather a decisive movement from government that got things under control.

Perhaps the sky is also a lovely shade of tartan. Perhaps our Health Director on the front page was quoted as saying that we were, in as many words, lucky.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

14 Days at least I thought, But the English firm employee's who arrived at the hotel last night have toddled off all suited and booted for work this morning. And at 7:15 would be a tad early going for their swab.

Key workers have never had to isolate.

Its never caused an infection.

Risk is very low but necessary to keep tey and keep businesses here when we have limited travel so much

Edited by horatiotheturd

I saw these stats this morning and, mea culpa, I haven't been keeping a minute-by-minute tally of the vaccination tally here.

'As of yesterday’s reported figures, 12.8 percent of Scots had received a first dose — compared to 14.8 in NI, 16 in Wales and 17.6 in England'

I'm curious to know as to where the IOM would fit into that 'home nations' table?

5 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

I saw these stats this morning and, mea culpa, I haven't been keeping a minute-by-minute tally of the vaccination tally here.

'As of yesterday’s reported figures, 12.8 percent of Scots had received a first dose — compared to 14.8 in NI, 16 in Wales and 17.6 in England'

I'm curious to know as to where the IOM would fit into that 'home nations' table?

The figures aren't a secret, that are updated every 90 minutes on the gov website.

We would be less for first jabs, higher for 2nd than the UK nations