IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I can't help thinking HQ on Sky together with the words from the guy at the pub are really just going to wind up people in the UK.

Both came across very smug IMO basically saying if the UK public had followed the rules they would be ik as well.

I think reference to our fortunate geography and small population might have painted a better picture to the outside world.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

People that desperate for a drink? Blimey.

2 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Probably more desperate for a look at meeeeeee picture on the internet than the actual drink.

1 hour ago, The Chief said:

one of the saddest things i've seen from this Island for a while.

You could have come down if you wanted, just publicity really.

12 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

I saw these stats this morning and, mea culpa, I haven't been keeping a minute-by-minute tally of the vaccination tally here.

'As of yesterday’s reported figures, 12.8 percent of Scots had received a first dose — compared to 14.8 in NI, 16 in Wales and 17.6 in England'

I'm curious to know as to where the IOM would fit into that 'home nations' table?

According to the latest figures 6642 first vaccinations which would be 7.9%.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The figures aren't a secret, that are updated every 90 minutes on the gov website.

We would be less for first jabs, higher for 2nd than the UK nations

I'm unsure as to the obsession with how quickly the UK countries do it and as to what cost.

It's irrelevant whether the Isle of Man is quicker or slower really.  If people are that bothered fuck off and live in the UK.  You'll get vaccinated slightly quicker.  Which will be great when you contract Covid a lot quicker too.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Key workers have never had to isolate.

Its never caused an infection.

Risk is very low but necessary to keep tey and keep businesses here when we have limited travel so much

Whilst you are partially correct we should clarify

1) Key Workers who are here for a very short time and can work safely with no contact with IOM folks and no risk whatsoever can work without 2 weeks isolation and tests. They are in effect though working as they are isolated. Examples - delivering oxygen, doing a statutory inspection that requires no close contact.

They must be in isolation when they are not working

2) Key worker who are here for longer than the odd day and/or cannot work without contact. Must isolate for 2 weeks (tests etc.) as if they were returning residents.

Anyone else starting to struggle since Sky irresponsibility moved Howard to 08:30 on a work day?

What are the rules because as usual they haven't made it very clear.

Do I just power through drinking until I go to bed like a usual 16:00 start or do I just drink for a set number of hours?

No clear guidance as usual from our useless leaders.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

I can't help thinking HQ on Sky together with the words from the guy at the pub are really just going to wind up people in the UK.

Both came across very smug IMO basically saying if the UK public had followed the rules they would be ik as well.

I think reference to our fortunate geography and small population might have painted a better picture to the outside world.

Yes Howie will look a right twit if he has to lockdown again anytime soon!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

...and underlined our strict emergency law policy. Particularly in that regard, but in any case the UK is an Island too and should have enforced border policies same as Isle of Man.

Yes, Howard has every right to score points off the UK if he feels the need, but in all fairness as far as Covid measures are concerned it would be like taking sweets off a baby.

• Like 2

I'm always a bit apprehensive when our politicos start shouting about their achievements, both in UK company or UK national media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well as has been pointed out before, if there is one thing in which the Isle of Man Government is genuinely world-beating, it's self-congratulation.  Whether it is wise in every case is another matter.  Time will tell if this is another Brown Mansion House speech. 

• Like 4

On 12/16/2020 at 11:35 PM, John Wright said:

He even gets rejected by MF, and we’re well known for letting almost anyone in.

You do let almost everyone in but then as time goes on you become more anal about the criteria for using your power to ban.

Anyway, I will concede I could have been kinder and take that on boatd for the future.

Back on topic...borders open in May subject to what's happening elsewhere...but there's them out there (some 'top' science and science advisors reckon thisyear is fucked as far as normality is concerned and that normality won't be until 2023/2024 ...even though Boris bumbling twat Johnson is 'optimistic' about people having summer holidays. I wonder what Quayle et al are thinking.

Interesting comments here from Julie Edge regarding testing, key workers not being tested, Dr. Glover and more...

Anyone really interested in something other than what's going on in their own heads and only what they have to say should watch these videos. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 2