IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Time will tell if this is another Brown Mansion House speech. 

It was more the guests who were taken along. They may get away with being sly, deceitful and scheming for a few thousand pounds on the Isle of Man, where indeed they may even be revered, but when they are a small fish in a big pond their ambassadorial skills stand for tiddly pat and worse, when sitting at the table with the big boys, in their den.

I mentioned this in the vax thread but thought I'd mention it here too.

Guernsey's briefings are head and shoulders above ours. Take a look at the detailed slides they show which not only have the latest figures, but go back several days.

I'm very impressed that they break down positive cases into travel, unknown, and contacts. If only we were treated like adults and given such details.

Sorry but I can't figure out how to embed YouTube videos, so here's a link... 

Dr Brinks begins the slides at 2:40.  

Edited to add... Yes I misspelled the good doctor's name. It's Brink. As it's in a link I didn't want to mess with it. 

Edited by Zarley
Not too bright sometimes.

18 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I mentioned this in the vax thread but thought I'd mention it here too.

Guernsey's briefings are head and shoulders above ours. Take a look at the detailed slides they show which not only have the latest figures, but go back several days.

I'm very impressed that they break down positive cases into travel, unknown, and contacts. If only we were treated like adults and given such details.

Sorry but I can't figure out how to embed YouTube videos, so here's a link... 

Dr Brinks begins the slides at 2:40.  

Edited to add... Yes I misspelled the good doctor's name. It's Brink. As it's in a link I didn't want to mess with it. 

Is this the one?

Relaxed, open and personable. In Moulton's videos above they talk about the comparisons to our briefings and the staid, headmaster-ish, written-note presentations we are treated to... 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

The press coverage of the end of lockdown makes us all look like a bunch of smarmy bastards. 

Saying you deserved a drink after a long 3 week lockdown? God that's embarrassing. The UK has been in and out of lockdown for 10 months now.

It think it says more about those desperate to have a pint to be honest, it’ll be the same ones who’ve spent 3 weeks getting pissed at home most nights, that unfortunately is their chosen lifestyle.

15 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

The press coverage of the end of lockdown makes us all look like a bunch of smarmy bastards. 

Saying you deserved a drink after a long 3 week lockdown? God that's embarrassing. The UK has been in and out of lockdown for 10 months now.

Yep.  Totally cringey knowing its bei g broadcast round the UK.

Having said that I have seen several thousand comments from people wanting to move here or visit (probably in jest) this could be really positive coverage if handled properly.

We basically said that we are ok because we didn't break rules and the UK are rule breakers who deserve what they get ffs

16 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

We basically said that we are ok because we didn't break rules and the UK are rule breakers who deserve what they get ffs

To say nothing of inviting the plebs on the other side of the wet bit to make comparisons between Govts' handling of matters, scales and numbers notwithstanding.

Which might not curry favour with some politicos on the adjacent Isle...

38 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It think it says more about those desperate to have a pint to be honest, it’ll be the same ones who’ve spent 3 weeks getting pissed at home most nights, that unfortunately is their chosen lifestyle.

Wrong, it was just a stunt to publicise the bar, nobody there is a serious drinker. 

34 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Yep.  Totally cringey knowing its bei g broadcast round the UK.

Having said that I have seen several thousand comments from people wanting to move here or visit (probably in jest) this could be really positive coverage if handled properly.

It did have a semi positive effect but I think the guy wasn't ready for an interview, it could have been better but he's not a politician. 

@Zarley Press or click on the youtube video you want. Choose the option 'share'. It will then give you options on which media to share the video to. For reposting on here, choose 'copy' and the address will be copied to your notebook or notepad for an hour. Start your post and the notebook/pad symbol should be there, click on it and the copied link will be embedded in your post. Job done...

Good luck with that one fella.

Edited by quilp
Xtra bit
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

I can’t believe seven kingdoms thought that video would be a good idea... it came across condescending and smug whilst reiterated the long held belief that we’re all a bunch of drunkards (that last bit being only partially true...)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

To say nothing of inviting the plebs on the other side of the wet bit to make comparisons between Govts' handling of matters, scales and numbers notwithstanding.

Which might not curry favour with some politicos on the adjacent Isle...

jet skis are selling like hot cakes in whitehaven.