IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

1. Explain, with logic, why it is stupid.

2. Some are also earmarked for 1st vaccinations booked in.

Ah this one?

Because they know what is being delivered before it actually gets here?

Because nowhere else is sitting on more than half of the vaccines that they have received until the stupidly expensive vaccine centre has been built.

They know exactly what is coming, and even if there was a disruption there is no excuse for having more than half of what has been delivered sat in a cupboard.

36 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

He must be taking the back shift today.

The voice of Reason is doing the early shift.

Pongo's the floater.

So everyone who disagrees with you and Banker is a government apologist?

And yet most people on the island are broadly happy with the way in which the government has handled this so far. And the whole team effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pongo said:

And yet most people on the island are broadly happy with the way in which the government has handled this so far. And the whole team effort.

I was, but the letter bullshit, the smug complacency and the avoidable second lockdown have changed my view somewhat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I was, but the letter bullshit, the smug complacency and the avoidable second lockdown have changed my view somewhat.

Confused now.

You disagree with everything I post and yet I am basically saying they screwed the testing and we could allow more travel.

How on earth could you say it was an avoidable lockdown and yet we shouldn't be a bit more open at the borders?

If you think they screwed up then you appreciate that the risk now is vastly reduced?

44 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Ah this one?

Because they know what is being delivered before it actually gets here?

Because nowhere else is sitting on more than half of the vaccines that they have received until the stupidly expensive vaccine centre has been built.

They know exactly what is coming, and even if there was a disruption there is no excuse for having more than half of what has been delivered sat in a cupboard.

You do know knocking on 10,000 of those are allocated for 2nd doses in the next 21 days yes?

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Confused now.

You disagree with everything I post and yet I am basically saying they screwed the testing and we could allow more travel.

How on earth could you say it was an avoidable lockdown and yet we shouldn't be a bit more open at the borders?

If you think they screwed up then you appreciate that the risk now is vastly reduced?

3 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

And what if not? Not very good risk management. They were 100% clear on this from the start.

If not?

Then we have people vaccinated to a degree who wouldn't be if we sat around waiting for the second jab to be on island. 

Today- there are 13,000 unused injections on the island.  I have no idea how anyone can defend that.  That's more injections than we have given