IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

he border restrictions suit some and case real issues for others.

From what I can see (here, and face to face with people) those who like the restrictions aren't prepared to look at the other argument and simply tell people to "suck it up"

Those who want a bit more travel tend to see the argument against and put forward perfectly workable and viable compromises only for the close the border looneys to refuse to even look at them without just exclaiming that we will all die.

Exactly this.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Funny how you chose to take a dig at this post rather than answering the one I made in answer to you.

Says a lot.

It's not funny. Not in the sense of their being some kind of discernable or special meaning. And it really doesn't say "a lot" - only that I responded to one post and not to another. Because I reacted to one and not to the other. There is nothing else to read into it.

And it wasn't "a dig". I was responding to your unreasonable insinuation that I am a government apologist.

Edited by pongo
  • Confused 2

Just now, quilp said:

What's the/your problem with this? 

You don't have a problem with them stating we can only inject what is on island, failing to build the facilities with months of notice, making them stupidly expensive facilities, and having over half of what has been delivered to the island so far still sat in storage?

Really?

This 13000 stock number, lets look at what that actually is.

It's 3608 people booked for their first jab over the next week or so, and their second dose in 3-4 weeks time, and 5252 booked in for their second dose. So they aren't exactly 'sat in the cupboard', they're being used. You could maybe say the 3608 could be sped up a bit, but the other 9375 can't.

Source

It just seems like once again you're moaning for the fucking sake of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My honest appraisal on the remaining injections currently is that there being prudent and making doubly sure they enough regardless of situation to enable them to give second dose where required . The difference will clearly be taken up over the next week or so with first injections. Yes, maybe being a tad cautious but the stink that would happen if there wasnt enough vaccine to give the second dose when due doesnt bear thinking about . Sorry but I broadly agree with current operational decisions. And before anyone says it , no I have nothing to do with governement and never have . I have no time for most government policies but on this one I think there correct .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I was, but the letter bullshit, the smug complacency and the avoidable second lockdown have changed my view somewhat.

That second lockdown wasn't avoidable, it was inevitable, partly because people had become complacent and partly because the testing and tracking wasn't rigorous enough. We struck lucky with the tracing. I actually think some lessons have been learned in this instance. Lettergate shone a light on an amateurish attempt at political arse-covering, it's a pity we shall probably never know the real truth behind its appearance. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, quilp said:

That second lockdown wasn't avoidable, it was inevitable, partly because people had become complacent and partly because the testing and tracking wasn't rigorous enough.

I suppose it was probably inevitable, and incredible it hadn't happened sooner. The reason I say avoidable though is because of those reasons you've given. Everyone knew the christmas/new year period was going to be a time of higher risk cos of all the extra travel, and the insane infection rates in the UK, and everyone knew our testing regime was probably not strong enough and had been warning of it for months. So I'd say we're both right.

• Like 7

The real problem was the number of selfish people who should have remained on the island rather than went to the UK for Christmas and New Year on unnecessary trips.    Give it a miss ffs.  Like most of us have for twelve months where trips have been cancelled.

It was comical that about 15 teachers wouldn't be teaching in the first two weeks.of term because they were isolating.  Dept of Education should have been all over that but I believe they devolved any decisions down to head teachers.

• Like 2