IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Yes but also no one from care home needed hospital treatment so shows it does give protection from serious illness. As has been published plenty of times the vaccine does not prevent infections just serious illness 

That not quite right. You could get a positive result meaning you are infected, but this should only be for a short time I.e. your immune system hasn't done the job yet. Only a tiny percentage should get any illness. If they got tested because they were Ill then that's not good

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That not quite right. You could get a positive result meaning you are infected, but this should only be for a short time I.e. your immune system hasn't done the job yet. Only a tiny percentage should get any illness. If they got tested because they were Ill then that's not good

No signs of illness apparently so must have been all tested as a contact of someone positive, here’s the press report. Interesting the amount of detailed information provided on positive cases etc compared to us, also doesn’t sound like they will be waiting 21 days without community cases to ease restrictions.

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/02/05/watch-covid-19-outbreak-discovered-in-care-home/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

No signs of illness apparently so must have been all tested as a contact of someone positive, here’s the press report. Interesting the amount of detailed information provided on positive cases etc compared to us, also doesn’t sound like they will be waiting 21 days without community cases to ease restrictions.

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/02/05/watch-covid-19-outbreak-discovered-in-care-home/

That's reassuring and makes more sense. The pcr tests just detects the virus at the time the test is taken. Also the efficacy is assessed based on testing, not illness. 

7 hours ago, Neil Down said:

who mentioned loopholes?

6 hours ago, Banker said:

Unless you know the circumstances of the visit eg family funerals, serious ill health of families which I know has caused some visits then I don’t think loopholes as you call it comes into it

Under all the circumstances, is attendance at a funeral absolutely essential?

3 hours ago, Southernman said:

Interesting that the new cases in Guernsey include 2 staff members and 2 residents of a care home who received their first jab 3 weeks ago. They also have someone who was positive last year so that doesn't give immunity either.

One dose certainly doesn't seem to give immunity 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Yes but also no one from care home needed hospital treatment so shows it does give protection from serious illness. As has been published plenty of times the vaccine does not prevent infections just serious illness 

Does it though? Are you professionally familiar with this case? Did you have the chance to review their case notes? 

Or are you just spouting the usual shite to fit your own narrow agenda?

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That's a ridiculous question.

If it's your child or your spouse then it's pretty essential - isn't it?

If it's the man who once cut your grass in the 1970's then probably not.

I think most people would know the difference.

Is attendance at a funeral absolutely essential? Of course if it is your spouse or your child, then yes. It is unlikely however and rare that such close family members are going to be across the water living and dying.

During lockdown many funerals where held via Zoom and suchlike.

Apart from immediate family the vast majority of funeral goers are there to do a bit of virtue signalling and to boost their own egos and have a bit of a shindig.

Sad but true.

Here is some thing I would like to know, how long can you visit under compassionate grounds. According to Howie once you are in you do not have to leave. So you can see why people are using this loophole to get to the land of milk and honey. And what about travel insurance do you have to show you have it in place, As DA was spouting about before the present situation if you were traveling to the UK you should have insurance as you are only entitled to emergency treatment as there is no reciprocal health agreement. So non residents should be insured for treatment, and also for repatriation to home. As I would guess you would be looking at £40-50,000 for three week's ITU and air ambulance. And god forbid you did not survive just shipping the body would cost a few quid

10 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Here is some thing I would like to know, how long can you visit under compassionate grounds. According to Howie once you are in you do not have to leave. So you can see why people are using this loophole to get to the land of milk and honey. And what about travel insurance do you have to show you have it in place, As DA was spouting about before the present situation if you were traveling to the UK you should have insurance as you are only entitled to emergency treatment as there is no reciprocal health agreement. So non residents should be insured for treatment, and also for repatriation to home. As I would guess you would be looking at £40-50,000 for three week's ITU and air ambulance. And god forbid you did not survive just shipping the body would cost a few quid

Covid hospitalisation would count as emergency, reciprocally.

Just watched Howard Quayle's interview on Talk Radio (which is a few days old now)

The presenter whilst congratulating him on the position of the Island seemed to be goading the CM into gloating about how much better we are on the Island and what advice he would give to the UK.

To the CM’s credit he did not take the bait and stressed the geographical advantages and the relatively low population of the IOM which has helped us to be where we are.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just watched Howard Quayle's interview on Talk Radio (which is a few days old now)

The presenter whilst congratulating him on the position of the Island seemed to be goading the CM into gloating about how much better we are on the Island and what advice he would give to the UK.

To the CM’s credit he did not take the bait and stressed the geographical advantages and the relatively low population of the IOM which has helped us to be where we are.

Please don't speak such common sense. You will upset Banker and Horatioturd

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He obviously read the file (or had it explained to him) labelled ‘Brown’s Incredible Mansion House Fuck Up’.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

He obviously read the file (or had it explained to him) labelled ‘Brown’s Incredible Mansion House Fuck Up’.

Will people stop mentioning Brown. He was just the . . how can I say . . . fall guy fuckwit.

He takes some of the blame naturally (£200million per annum VAT fuck off...?) but read the guest list. There are one or two evil fuckers on it who were supposed ambassadors for the Isle of Man.

Fuck me, if I had to sit at a dinner across the table with them, I would have had them sussed out before the entre was over. Four or five courses and I would have had the Isle of Man pariahed.  

Which ladies and gentlemen, it was.