IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Britain will be back open end of May, I’d expect us to be as well.

I’m not sure foreign (European) travel will be on the cards until later in the summer.

Given you and @notwell's previous posting histories I won't be holding my breath based on your predictions.

As much as you might wish that I would.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

They haven't.   It was largely selfish people making unnecessary trips.

Idiot, it was some relocating here and those selfish people going to hospital in UK . If Quayle had listened to all the advice & introduced testing then the lockdown would have been avoided so he’s to blame 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

They haven't.   It was largely selfish people making unnecessary trips.

No it wasn't.  We know that the New Year cluster was caused by someone coming over to take up employment and it looks like that was source of the only cases to get out into the community.   

And that either testing or sensible rules against too many people self-isolating together, certainly both, would prevented it.  Both policies long advocated by many, but ignored by the government for the usual reasons.

We can't be certain, but the fact they were sketchy about the details is suggestive in itself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pongo said:

Given you and @notwell's previous posting histories I won't be holding my breath based on your predictions.

As much as you might wish that I would.

I just love it that you hang on to every word.

The heartbreak will be real for you Pingu when these borders open.

It’s going to be a joyous moment. I can’t wait to send you my holiday snaps, business meeting minutes from London & family reunion pics. Oh to hell with it, I might even visit a relative in hospital & DM you!

Edited by Nom de plume

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

I can’t wait to send you my ... business meeting minutes from London

Lol you're funny Napoleon.

But seriously - nobody would base themselves here if they were still doing the sort of old fashioned business which still required a physical face-to-face? Even you must know that.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

But seriously - nobody would base themselves here if they were still doing the sort of old fashioned business which still required a physical face-to-face? Even you must know that.

Hahahahaha. Brilliant.

I want you to head up our new business department pronto!

You are without doubt - the man. Your speciality can be cold calls & unsolicited email.

Edited by Nom de plume

Just now, Nom de plume said:

Hahahahaha. Brilliant.

I want you to head up our new business department pronto!

"New business". Lol. Even the guys selling  door-to-door have gone online. 

And no, I don't need a new layer of Tarmac on the back drive thanks.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, pongo said:

I am guessing your business is entirely tech based judging by your narrow view of how the world does business. My business is a mix of old fashioned real world and tech. The tech element of my business has been able to carry on quite happily during these restrictions, but it has cut my margins elsewhere as I am having to utilise and trust third parties more than I used to. This has had the unfortunate effect of curtailing some of my off island activities. There really is no substitute for face to face interaction and actually viewing something in person, especially when it is coming out of your own pocket. BTW I am based here for several reasons, some of which are financial, but in the main it is because I have made it my family home and the island has been very good to me. Weather could be better though, I still struggle in winter.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I am guessing your business is entirely tech based judging by your narrow view of how the world does business. My business is a mix of old fashioned real world and tech. The tech element of my business has been able to carry on quite happily during these restrictions, but it has cut my margins elsewhere as I am having to utilise and trust third parties more than I used to. This has had the unfortunate effect of curtailing some of my off island activities. There really is no substitute for face to face interaction and actually viewing something in person, especially when it is coming out of your own pocket. BTW I am based here for several reasons, some of which are financial, but in the main it is because I have made it my family home and the island has been very good to me. Weather could be better though, I still struggle in winter.

Ditto & agree to all.