IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Moot means debatable (adj) or a debate (noun), mute means silent. 

There are a number of definitions of the word 'moot' and it has generated discussion before.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/mind-your-language/2015/jan/16/mind-your-language-moot-point

The Merriam Webster dictionary has me covered in #2206451778_Screenshot_20210215-004432_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.17ad8cae2a0d7352a18dee2d1a74a16a.jpg

Great work by Steve Baker & the Covid Recovery Group over the weekend echoing the thoughts & feelings by many in the U.K. (and here) that all restrictions should be lifted once the over 50’s have been vaccinated.

Exerting serious pressure on BJ and his cohorts to open up fully.

I’d like to see similar pressure from our MHK’s on CoMin ASAP.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Great work by Steve Baker & the Covid Recovery Group over the weekend echoing the thoughts & feelings by many in the U.K. (and here) that all restrictions should be lifted once the over 50’s have been vaccinated.

The Isle of Man will be taking its lead from the UK anyway.

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

There’s some pressure from tourism industry and other sectors for at least some form of plan which is sadly lacking and I don’t mean the one which is 12 months out of date & was ignored when recent lockdown announcement 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tourism-business-calls-for-clarity-over-borders/

• Like 1

I care. 

If the people leading the calls for things happen to be the people who've led the calls for other really stupid things then it is likely that the thing they are currently calling for is also really stupid.

And if the people who fall for the really stupid things continually parrot it then they are really stupid too.

Things have to open up for sure, but every time they've tried so far it has been political, too early and has gone wrong. You are supposed to learn from your mistakes, not just repeat them over and over again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Who cares?

Open up .....

Are you going to volunteer to help out at the Nobles ICU.

The inoculation is not yet and is unlikely to be a panacea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1