IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Are you going to volunteer to help out at the Nobles ICU.

The inoculation is not yet and is unlikely to be a panacea.

Israel are reporting cases reduced significantly as vaccinations increased with strong evidence of substantial reduction in transmission 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Israel are reporting cases reduced significantly as vaccinations increased with strong evidence of substantial reduction in transmission 

Indeed they are, it’s very, very encouraging.

My honest opinion, we’ll be fully open June 1st without the need to isolate on return.

The Chester Street vax hub opened today I think?

Will be interesting to see what numbers they get through this week.

Its a great Monday, things are turning.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

I don’t think UK will do it but Israel are going to ban unvaccinated from gyms, restaurants etc

Israeli Health Minister Yuli Edelstein is proposing banning people who cannot prove they have been vaccinated from shops, malls, restaurants and gyms

We (the UK) shouldn't do it.

It's unfair to penalise those at the back of the vaccination queue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Indeed they are, it’s very, very encouraging.

My honest opinion, we’ll be fully open June 1st without the need to isolate on return.

The Chester Street vax hub opened today I think?

Will be interesting to see what numbers they get through this week.

Its a great Monday, things are turning.

Hope so.

However, not pleased with Ashie on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece yet again being not committal as regards to the costs of work and kit out of the Chester Street site. Fine, keep silent it’s only taxpayers funds. It’s likely that the injection or vaccine may be required annually, like influenza jabs. If this works out to be the case, then is Chester Street and other hubs likely to be expensively run and maintained taxpayers property? 

Open? Transparent? Noooo way! Corrupt? Who Knows? Ashy only talks ball park figures. In the IOM ball parks are littered with dog shit, litter and chewing gum.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Hope so.

However, not pleased with Ashie on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece yet again being not committal as regards to the costs of work and kit out of the Chester Street site. Fine, keep silent it’s only taxpayers funds. It’s likely that the injection or vaccine may be required annually, like influenza jabs. If this works out to be the case, then is Chester Street and other hubs likely to be expensively run and maintained taxpayers property? 

Open? Transparent? Noooo way! Corrupt? Who Knows? Ashy only talks ball park figures. In the IOM ball parks are littered with dog shit, litter and chewing gum.

Seems fine really.  Not sure what you are moaning about.

The current set ups are to sort out the initial vaccination of the population of the island.    What happens in future probably isn't clear at the moment. But it will come st a cost clearly.

42 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Hope so.

I think we’ve witnessed overkill but it’s this Governments way with everything.

The NSC has a secondary hall which would have been ideal but what do I know.

We’re nearing the end of this madness & lives / businesses can soon return to a semblance of normality. That’s all that matters now. 

The scenes across the country are going to be quite something as Grandparents see their grandchildren for the first time, etc etc beautiful thoughts & good times ahead.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I think we’ve witnessed overkill but it’s this Governments way with everything.

The NSC has a secondary hall which would have been ideal but what do I know.

We’re nearing the end of this madness & lives / businesses can soon return to a semblance of normality. That’s all that matters now. 

The scenes across the country are going to be quite something as Grandparents see their grandchildren for the first time, etc etc beautiful thoughts & good times ahead.

Which you would think is all positive and giving people something to look forward to.  Yet, there are a significant number over here who would seem to prefer that we continue to live in our island bubble cut off from the rest of the world.

This whole thing does seem to have made an already slightly scary section of our population who hate everything from more than 20 miles from St John’s, even more determined to keep us all isolated.  I am really surprised how many people are saying they would happily live like this forever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Seems fine really.  Not sure what you are moaning about.

The current set ups are to sort out the initial vaccination of the population of the island.    What happens in future probably isn't clear at the moment. But it will come st a cost clearly.

word in the DHSC grapevine is that they Chester street site is to become a clinic/mother and baby type place post-covid that could be swung into action come flu season if vaccinations are required again.

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Which you would think is all positive and giving people something to look forward to.  Yet, there are a significant number over here who would seem to prefer that we continue to live in our island bubble cut off from the rest of the world.

This whole thing does seem to have made an already slightly scary section of our population who hate everything from more than 20 miles from St John’s, even more determined to keep us all isolated.  I am really surprised how many people are saying they would happily live like this forever.

There is absolutely nothing to stop them ever leaving our shores again & living under the stairs.

EasyJet & Loganair are going to be killing the pig when this blows over. 

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

There is absolutely nothing to stop them ever leaving our shores again & living under the stairs.

EasyJet & Loganair are going to be killing the pig when this blows over. 

Perhaps we should move all the isolationist population along with anti vaxxers to the calf of man where they can live peacefully without visiting families & tourists to disturb them 

Are you going to help out at an already overstretched Nobles Hospital ICU when there are a few more cases shuffled in?

File on Four BBC Radio 4:

'Most horrendous shifts we will ever encounter.'

(less than 2 minutes, give it a listen)

15 minutes ago, The Chief said:

word in the DHSC grapevine is that they Chester street site is to become a clinic/mother and baby type place post-covid that could be swung into action come flu season if vaccinations are required again.

This is to justify Ashie’s worth every penny comment. Definitely modern day CM material when Alfs pissed over £200m up the wall, every vested interested group has had their cut, and the banks come calling!

The word in the adjacent isle, is that cricket clubs are using their indoor facilities and pavilion for inoculations and their car parks used as a testing/swab centre. This is being repeated across the country, sports clubs, community centres etc etc. It’s worth noting that the Crosby Pub used their premises as a makeshift Spar. I’m absolutely sure that most rules and regulations were adhered to, but were every rule and regulation were followed? Maybe or Maybe not? 

The IOM bangs on about community, but most thing they do comes at a cost - which is pointless, needless and leaves the next generation to pick up the costs. Rules are Rules, Stickler for rules and punishment for those breaking said rules.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Are you going to help out at an already overstretched Nobles Hospital ICU when there are a few more cases shuffled in?

The stuff of Warzones.

17 minutes ago, Barlow said:

@Barlow

I really want to see your point here, I genuinely do.

There is nobody more thankful than I for the hard work & dedication of the NHS believe me (another story, another day).

The figures (approx) are these:

88% of all UK Covid deaths were aged 70 years old and above

55% of all UK Covid hospital admissions were 70 years old and above

That age group are now largely well on their way to being vaccinated.

By the end of April, nearly all over 50's and those deemed to have underlying health conditions will also be vaccinated.

The risk & strain on the NHS will be diminished.

Are you following?

Edited by Nom de plume