IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that we have the facilities for vaccination, just that they have been over specified, over engineered and over priced for no obvious reason or benefit. 

One giant job creation scheme so Ashy looks good in a three piece suite, and it justifies his MBE. You only have to look at TV pictures on the news to see people being vaccinated in very non clinical surroundings. We have employed or given the work to companies - no tenders required, and Ashie wants to play schtum. Next he will be singing from the Great Eddie Teare Songbook, and I’m sure a song about Commercial Confidentiality will be in it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

Do you think we would really have 30 to 50 year olds filling up Itus considering those with underlying health conditions should have been vaccinated?

Have to say I can’t see it, maybe a very small number of otherwise fit and healthy people in that bracket but I don’t believe it happened last winter before lockdown measures kicked in?

Every media bit I have seen about someone in that bracket who has really suffered they have had another condition (or been overweight)

Everyone I know in that bracket would happily take their chances at the tiny percentage risk.

I don’t know, yet.  But if only 0.1% of the 30000 unvaccinated adults here needed ITU, and spread was with an R of about 2.5 it’s likely our ITU would be overwhelmed. It’s pretty full now, with no covid. 

Right now, in the UK, despite falling numbers, the health service is paralysed.  I’ve personally been doing stuff here that in normal circumstances would have been transferred for tertiary care, but our colleagues there are unable to help. I don’t think people in general appreciate how bad an effect this pandemic is having on health services. Even here, despite zero covid.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

I don’t think people in general appreciate how bad an effect this pandemic is having on health services. Even here, despite zero covid.

They don't want to. "Hospitals are always full in the winter" is the cry from a certain type of person. You cannot convince them that this is any different.