IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

Proposal.

If, as we anticipate with some degree of hope, when the restrictions come to an end  I would like to see the efforts of the whole population and what ever part they played is recognised by the Queen. (Didn't Malta get a gong in the war?)

No award for any individuals over Covid but let us recognise the tremendous efforts and hard work, community support and sacrifices we have all made to try and protect ourselves and each other from harm.

Probably too early to congratulate ourselves just yet but, acknowledging those who are no longer here, it is worth thinking about because I think we all are doing a good job.

And I don't need anyone to keep on reminding us about front line staff.  We have all worked hard ( all right some more than others) but let's face it, we have all done our bit.

A Gong for the Isle of Man. Why not ?

From the who?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Proposal.

If, as we anticipate with some degree of hope, when the restrictions come to an end  I would like to see the efforts of the whole population and what ever part they played is recognised by the Queen. (Didn't Malta get a gong in the war?)

No award for any individuals over Covid but let us recognise the tremendous efforts and hard work, community support and sacrifices we have all made to try and protect ourselves and each other from harm.

Probably too early to congratulate ourselves just yet but, acknowledging those who are no longer here, it is worth thinking about because I think we all are doing a good job.

And I don't need anyone to keep on reminding us about front line staff.  We have all worked hard ( all right some more than others) but let's face it, we have all done our bit.

Hardly heroic, mainly self-preservation. 

2 hours ago, Apple said:

Proposal.

Jesus wept! What is it about this place and its fawning after medals? 

• Like 2

It would be nice for everyone to be recognised for their efforts and results, not just a select few - again ! Thats what I was trying to avoid.

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, give one to me because I was very heroic, selfless and sacrificing.   Its just that because we were locked down no one noticed. 

Too many jokes - best not. 😄

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Jesus wept! What is it about this place and its fawning after medals? 

I don't agree with the gong system at all, but that won't stop some silly beggar nominating them. At leats this way we all get a bit of the glory.😁

21 minutes ago, Kopek said:

..... but what about those who 'broke' covid restriction and never reported their symptoms?

shen it happened and we knew about it, we dealt with it. like jet ski man. Other than that, if we get through it, then maybe we can keep that to ourselves. 🤫

Don't know why but got a thing for emojis tonight. Sorry.😔

• Like 1