IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

this is a subject about which Paul Moulton has been banging his drum for a while

I genuinely don't get why we need to be paying umpteen millions to keep flights going to Heathrow for example. Whilst the UK situation is like it is, options should be minimal and kept to 'essential routes'.

Regarding IOMSPCo staff I can't believe they weren't being subject to rapid testing every time they sailed. Ignoring the debate around accuracy etc of rapid tests, we had a duty to protect these people.

You, I and everyone else knows that when that boat is at see and there's not much to do with few passengers, there's going to be mixing of crews on fag breaks or whatever else. I refuse to believe that isn't happening.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I genuinely don't get why we need to be paying umpteen millions to keep flights going to Heathrow for example. Whilst the UK situation is like it is, options should be minimal and kept to 'essential routes'.

Regarding IOMSPCo staff I can't believe they weren't being subject to rapid testing every time they sailed. Ignoring the debate around accuracy etc of rapid tests, we had a duty to protect these people.

You, I and everyone else knows that when that boat is at see and there's not much to do with few passengers, there's going to be mixing of crews on fag breaks or whatever else. I refuse to believe that isn't happening.

A weak link...? One that should have been tight from day one.

• Like 1

If we’ve got another lockdown coming because the Govt. failed to shore up our weakest link, ie the border & by vaccinating the SPCo. workers as a priority (and ahead of all) ... HQ & DA can go & whistle.

Shambolic.

Yes, a vaccinated person can still carry & infect another contact but the risk has proven to be diminished.

I really hope these rumours are just rumours.

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

If we’ve got another lockdown coming because the Govt. failed to shore up our weakest link, ie the border & by vaccinating the SPCo. workers as a priority (and ahead of all) .

The problem is, every group thinks it should be priority. Get the old done first cos they're most at risk, get the healthworkers done first cos they look after you if you're sick, get care homes done first so everyone is safe, get the teachers done first to keep the schools open etc 

I get your point though.

I'm not excited at the prospect of lockdown III. 

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The problem is, every group thinks it should be priority. Get the old done first cos they're most at risk, get the healthworkers done first cos they look after you if you're sick, get care homes done first so everyone is safe, get the teachers done first to keep the schools open etc 

I get your point though.

I'm not excited at the prospect of lockdown III. 

It would be useful if there wasn't a full scale panic.

• Like 1