IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ok doesn’t sound too bad then , 😀

it doesn't but the fact that Howie Ashie Hetty and the Cominites have slammed the lockdown in early the last time sets a precedent that they should follow this time, if they don't then questions will be asked why we had the last one

Edit: 3FM says 7 new cases thats cause for a lockdown according previous counts.

Edited by The Chief
addition
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Chief said:

it doesn't but the fact that Howie Ashie Hetty and the Cominites have slammed the lockdown in early the last time sets a precedent that they should follow this time, if they don't then questions will be asked why we had the last one

Edit: 3FM says 7 new cases thats cause for a lockdown according previous counts.

I'm not sure of the merits of mass scale panicking and plunging everyone back into lock down.    Really, it shouldn't come as any great surprise cases arise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Chief said:

The situation was that they had some big events with positive cases, and thus, the transmission could be widespread.

That caused the lockdown last time. Not the case numbers.

I'm all for proportionate action, but we'll find out if it's widespread later.

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

I'm not sure of the merits of mass scale panicking and plunging everyone back into lock down.    Really, it shouldn't come as any great surprise cases arise.

i agree but they set the precedent with the ill-advised last lockdown so they have to follow their own protocol otherwise what was the point last time out.

Am I seeing a pattern here?

In late 2020, there were calls for periodic testing of all returnees,  dismissed on clinical advice, but then introduced just before we had the Dec clusters (I won't say outbreak). 

A couple of weeks ago there were calls to examine the IOMSPC as a potential weak link with a suggestion of vaccinating all crew.  Again dismissed on clinical advice and then up pops a positive crew member. 

If there is a policy of elimination,  then surely these weak links should be dealt with regardless of the clinical advice.  Vaccination is good and there is evidence that it does reduce transmission.   Why wouldn't you just jab them all? 

• Like 7