IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

At the risk of prodding the hornet's nest again  wouldn't it be good for quick genomic testing to determine the actual source(s) and to know if we have a known variant or a new one.

Ha Ha. Hornets nest prodded. Same answer to dumb questions I'm afraid. How would it help. WTF difference does it make what strain it is

Just now, Roxanne said:

That’s the best thing I’ve ever seen on teh internets. I’ve now watched it six times and I’m going to do it again. 😂😂😂

:P it is a tricky word, but most have us have our tongues round it,  like the word hospital.  However, I would find it in my heart to forgive him if he used stats instead  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Ha Ha. Hornets nest prodded. Same answer to dumb questions I'm afraid. How would it help. WTF difference does it make what strain it is

Mainly it would be tracing to be sure of the source, but variants have different reactions to the different vaccines and may require different  management.   I will keep on asking dumb questions until I get an intelligent answer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall, so Howie's still on the hook there.

To be fair  I don't think he came across as smug in those interviews and was careful to sidestep the issue on criticising the UK's response. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

At the risk of prodding the hornet's nest again  wouldn't it be good for quick genomic testing to determine the actual source(s) and to know if we have a known variant or a new one.

Three new additional variants reported in UK now too, 35 cases in all, variants arising from Nigeria, Denmark and Canada.

56 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Oh shut your face for Christ’s sake. For one, the public sector have been working all through the lockdowns and for two, get rid of that bloody chip off your shoulder. It’s weighing you, and us down. 

54 minutes ago, HeliX said:

is there a helpline for people who don't want to spend the next 2 weeks reading Banker whinging?

Like notwell in days of yore, banker provides plenty of opportunity for sensible opinion to counter his own rather bunkered view on life.