IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Meanwhile Guernsey have108cases including 2 today and community cases as recently as yesterday but easing restrictions from Monday, if Howie panics again he is going to fyck the economy big style 

If one is to believe what one has been told, his arse has royally gone once more.

Alf last seen playing with his abacus & rubbing a lamp.

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Let's hope so. However, the IOMSPCo issue needs dealing with pronto.

I think most of us said this much earlier in this thread too!

Don't any influential politicians and chief execs monitor Manxforums? Perhaps they should, more sense seems to be talked here sometimes! 

• Like 1

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

Yes - much as I hate the expression, it has the potential to be one of the biggest cases of 'we told you so' in quite a while.

I don't know why but I assumed/thought IOMSPCo crews would have been part of the initial cohort, working for a lifeline and being key workers etc. I took that as a given. Silly me.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I don't know why but I assumed/thought IOMSPCo crews would have been part of the initial cohort, working for a lifeline and being key workers etc. I took that as a given. Silly me.

No !! Office staff in health took priority plus some DOI staff in standby 😩

Edited by Banker
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

So you agree then? That it would be a good idea to vaccinate IOMSPCo staff? 

Absolutely not. Vaccinations should be given to the most vulnerable in our society. If toy vayr from this where do you stop.

Police? EJCR? Power Station? Parking controllers  oh hang on we don't have them anymore, err Firemen and women, Aircrew? Postmen, Politicians? Refuse collectors? Supermarket staff? Where do you stop

Load of bollocks. Keep to those who would be most likely to die. That's more important than anything else.

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Absolutely not. Vaccinations should be given to the most vulnerable in our society. If toy vayr from this where do you stop.

Police? EJCR? Power Station? Parking controllers  oh hang on we don't have them anymore, err Firemen and women, Aircrew? Postmen, Politicians? Refuse collectors? Supermarket staff? Where do you stop

Load of bollocks. Keep to those who would be most likely to die. That's more important than anything else.

But IOMSPCo staff/crew are the first people that anyone coming to the Island will make contact with, including returning patients. They are at risk much higher up the chain than Police, for example.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

As has been said earlier today, it is only a couple of hundred crew.  If they all have to isolate then the island's lifeline is gone.  The Arrow can be brought in for freight, but what about passengers?

In any case, crew are a weak link who could easily infect one of those most likely to die.

Vaxing them shouldn't be a big drain on our vax resources. 

If Howie is 'gone into one', then he needs to look closely at the people advising him.  If he has ignored them, then he needs to admit it.

Do we have the Covid Advisory Committee  functioning yet? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

But IOMSPCo staff/crew are the first people that anyone coming to the Island will make contact with, including returning patients. They are at risk much higher up the chain than Police, for example.

Yes but if vaccination does not guarantee that you won't transmit it, what would be the point. It would give them a false sense of security. What about aircrew then? They change all the time. They have much closer contact. Are we going to vaccinate all of them? Really? Sorry I don't agree. The aircrew seem to manage to isolate. The IOMSPC should keep anyone who is coming ashore isolated from anyone who may have the virus. Its the only way.