IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I'm appalled at the way they've talked about evidence around the vaccine and transmission rates.

Instead of saying 'we don't yet know if', they're saying it absolutely doesn't reduce the risk of transmission and that's that. But we're jabbing all our transport people now anyway, but that's not because it helps.

Yes. After months of saying it won't help ( which it probably won't) we are going to do it anyway. But we are still saying it won't help....but we are still going to do it...it's a Manx ( non) solution then?

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

They obviously never had the IOMSPCo confirm this was happening which is a serious flaw. What do they say about the word assume? It makes an ass out of u and me. 

The truth will out. Someone has got it wrong. My money is on the SPCo not realising what they have signed up to. But could be wrong. 

Just now, Nom de plume said:

Incredibly shifty media briefing that.

So many more questions than answers.

If they just said "there's been a few cases. We've messed up with steam packet but we're on it" that may have gone down better. It's the fact that for weeks now the steam packet has been highlighted as an issue and they arrogantly ignored the issue. As I said earlier they look at this from a health perspective only ignoring the strengths and weaknesses strategy side of things.

• Like 5

I expect with a potentially imminent lockdown coming up, the pubs will be rammed this weekend till otherwise informed.

I think I would have gone for a long weekend lockdown (Fri to Mon)...nip this in the bud. If it's out there, this is just the weekend to spread it.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We were lucky before (speaketh Henny), we might get lucky again yet. No lockdown announced at this time so let's hope that they're really on top of it and confident in their tracing.