IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

If ever there was an argument to accelerate the roll out of the vaccine this is it. I see we have started to show a degree of importance, I would suggest we put a rocket into the program now. 

We should be planning on opening our borders with confidence. Not talking about another lock down. At some stage the government will have to open everything and essentially tell us all to just get on with it. Those who have chosen to increase their risk of death or serious issues because they dont like the vaccine will simply have to live with their choice. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, manxst said:

Not released by the government though. Same as all the others that have stated they’ve closed as a result of the tracing. 

Isle of play reopening next week, only shutting today because of weather, only other business shutting that I’ve heard is elements salon

This is the problem, Government fail to realise that not being honest, open and timely leads to speculation, which is potentially damaging and probably not helpful. Anyone who watched the press conference must have taken the view that they were desperately trying to avoid straight answers, Quayle has clearly been programmed with the word protocols !

Politicians play politics, viruses don't!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

Unless there’s unknown community spread then Howie should just follow his plans which say no lockdown or restrictions required.

The situation with steam packet is the same with all transport staff everywhere , it’s impossible for them to quarantine when finishing work. Imagine all the truckers &?ferry workers in uk stopping work every time they return from continent 

France - rife with covid 

UK - rife with covid 

Is the penny dropping yet?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Whatever the Steam Packet were doing, it is amazing that Government thought they were doing something else!

That is it in a nutshell.

That's the sorts of problems that Arms Length Organisations creates.

Can't be the Governments fault though. Oh No Sir, we are only strategic !!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, it is closing because of the positive case AND the weather.

What about Dohle?

Ok someone told me they were reopening next week, let’s see what happens, Dohle are not shut but staff working from home yesterday and thought they were returning.

wouldnt expect Tesco to shut if they had a visit either 

I see we are now going to vaccinate sea and air crew as a matter of urgency. I don't pretend to understand the medical stuff behind this, but at a time when we have inoculated dentists, opticians and associated care occupations and numerous others here, where we don't have rampant community transmission, and presumably people are not coming into contact with the virus daily we omitted to inoculate the very people who probably were / are at most risk of being exposed to it?

I realise inoculation is not the answer to the maidens prayer but this seems a glaring anomaly to me!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NoTail said:

If ever there was an argument to accelerate the roll out of the vaccine this is it. I see we have started to show a degree of importance, I would suggest we put a rocket into the program now. 

We should be planning on opening our borders with confidence. Not talking about another lock down. At some stage the government will have to open everything and essentially tell us all to just get on with it. Those who have chosen to increase their risk of death or serious issues because they dont like the vaccine will simply have to live with their choice. 

Absolutely this, given the apparent increased transmissibility of the current UK variant I have less confidence that we will be able to stop events like this happening again over the next few months. Bouncing in and out of 'circuit breaker' lockdowns (if that is what happens starting this weekend), is not the right way to go. Much as I absolutely love the normality of the elimination strategy, maybe now is the time to start planning our integration into the world, and begin priming the scared members of our society that Brigadoon is just a story and the reality is that we need to accept Covid back onto our shores in a measured and controlled way. Vaccines and increased knowledge re. treatments and the virus's behaviour should allow this to happen. Maybe limited hospital capacity coupled to the politicians eyeing the looming elections will keep us in limbo for some time yet, but I hope not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, floors4u said:

France - rife with covid 

UK - rife with covid 

Is the penny dropping yet?

WTF are you on about, are you saying all essential transport staff across Iom & uk should quarantine after every shift away from the families? Whole country would grind to a halt, idiot 

Just now, Banker said:

WTF are you on about, are you saying all essential transport staff across Iom & uk should quarantine after every shift away from the families? Whole country would grind to a halt, idiot 

If we are following the UK lead, sea farers are exempt from isolating.

1 minute ago, asitis said:

I see we are now going to vaccinate sea and air crew as a matter of urgency. I don't pretend to understand the medical stuff behind this, but at a time when we have inoculated dentists, opticians and associated care occupations and numerous others here, where we don't have rampant community transmission, and presumably people are not coming into contact with the virus daily we omitted to inoculate the very people who probably were / are at most risk of being exposed to it?

I realise inoculation is not the answer to the maidens prayer but this seems a glaring anomaly to me!

Along with the bus/taxi drivers who collect from the airport and boat terminal , then go about their business as usual 

• Like 1