IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And the result of that is people start behaving like children expecting Da Quayle or Ma Ewart to sort it, with big brother Ashy pulling our pigtails every now and then just for devilment. 

Yep. Treat people like they're children and they'll usually reward you by acting like children.

I think the general consensus is to wait it out for a few more days and see what happens. From what seems to be going on, by my own perceptions, I think come Monday Howie and cronies will shit their pants and lock us down again. 

As a further note, yesterday’s briefing was an absolute shambles, we should put some of our local sixth form drama students up on the podium with the pre-written legally vetted speeches, and watch their improv skills outshine that of our glorious ‘leaders’. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Would someone be good enough to remind me about Hetty's qualifications. Is it correct that she is a doctor of History or did I just dream that? Is there even such a thing?

Very good CV FROM 2016 press release 

Dr Ewart trained in medicine at Oxford University and the Middlesex Hospital Medical School. After working as a junior doctor in the Royal Air Force, she trained in Public Health Medicine in the West Midlands. She has over 25 years’ experience of working as a consultant and director across all areas of public health practice. 

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Would someone be good enough to remind me about Hetty's qualifications. Is it correct that she is a doctor of History or did I just dream that? Is there even such a thing?

“Strong healthcare services professional with a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) focused in history from University of Warwick.”

.... 🤣

16 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I refer the honourable lady to an answer I gave earlier:

Fun fact: Henrietta Ewart is a qualified medical doctor who has spent most of her professional life in public health, but her doctorate is actually in History (on organisational responses in Britain to mid-20th century Irish immigration).

Obviously you can have a (research) doctorate in any subject, so effectively she's a doctor twice over.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

Very good CV FROM 2016 press release 

Dr Ewart trained in medicine at Oxford University and the Middlesex Hospital Medical School. After working as a junior doctor in the Royal Air Force, she trained in Public Health Medicine in the West Midlands. She has over 25 years’ experience of working as a consultant and director across all areas of public health practice. 

That won't go down well with Roxanne

9 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So, as I understand it, we're in one of two situations.

On the road to lockdown, but let's pretend not for now.

Our expert leadership and proactive approach has stopped any transmission in its' tracks. So we're in the clear, with the help of some luck.

Or the ideals of test, trace and isolate have for once actually worked like they're supposed to.

• Like 1