IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

34 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Getting a bit farcical now, we had a rammed McDonalds at a tea time at half term and now a high school that's taken them a week to notify everyone else about.

Better hope their luck holds!!

Better hope you don’t shit the bed fella.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I have another question.

What reason might there be, apart from incompetence that details of someone infected being on a school bus would not be released until 7 days later?  Am I also missing something here? If someone was on the bus who was infected, isn't there a chance that others on the bus may also be infected but they have spent the last 7 days going about their normal daily lives without isolating?  I'm perfectly prepared to be told that I'm missing something integral here but, why wasn't this announced immediately? Help me out do.

Because they have just found out they are infected?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I have another question.

What reason might there be, apart from incompetence that details of someone infected being on a school bus would not be released until 7 days later?  Am I also missing something here? If someone was on the bus who was infected, isn't there a chance that others on the bus may also be infected but they have spent the last 7 days going about their normal daily lives without isolating?  I'm perfectly prepared to be told that I'm missing something integral here but, why wasn't this announced immediately? Help me out do.

You probably are missing something. 

What makes you think they knew a week ago but didn't release it?  

Five further locations identified that could pose low risk of COVID-19
Following further contact tracing, five additional locations have been identified that could pose a low risk of contracting COVID-19 for people who visited at specific times.
The locations and times are as follows:
Wednesday 17 February 2021
• Carrefour Health Club, Douglas from 12:30pm to 1:30pm
• The Juice Bar, Douglas from 1:45pm to 1:50pm
• McDonalds, Douglas from 7:15pm to 7:30pm
Wednesday 17 February 2021 to 19 February 2021
• Exit Strategy, Wonderland Room, Douglas any time between 4:30pm 17 February and 4pm 19 February
Thursday 18 February 2021
• Manx Fun Farm, Bowling, Onchan from 11:45am to 3pm

9 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:
Five further locations identified that could pose low risk of COVID-19
Following further contact tracing, five additional locations have been identified that could pose a low risk of contracting COVID-19 for people who visited at specific times.
The locations and times are as follows:
Wednesday 17 February 2021
• Carrefour Health Club, Douglas from 12:30pm to 1:30pm
• The Juice Bar, Douglas from 1:45pm to 1:50pm
• McDonalds, Douglas from 7:15pm to 7:30pm
Wednesday 17 February 2021 to 19 February 2021
• Exit Strategy, Wonderland Room, Douglas any time between 4:30pm 17 February and 4pm 19 February
Thursday 18 February 2021
• Manx Fun Farm, Bowling, Onchan from 11:45am to 3pm

That is a LONG time to spend on Peel road!  Member of staff?

43 minutes ago, Source of Gravity said:

Old Henrietta must think we are really simple over here to believe some of her quotes! 

Well look at the people she has to deal with.  If you had to spend much time explaining stuff to Howie and co, you'd probably end up sounding like you were dealing with a class of backward toddlers as well.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well look at the people she has to deal with.  If you had to spend much time explaining stuff to Howie and co, you'd probably end up sounding like you were dealing with a class of backward toddlers as well.

You make a fair point, although I’m sure she is on a decent wage. The thing is even the UK ‘experts’ have little experience of dealing with pandemics. 

• Like 1