IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/investigation-underway-on-spc-self-isolation-rules/

So 'investigation underway' at the Steam Packet.

"That’s according to the chief minister who says there's been a ‘difference of opinion’ over the expectations of what’s required."

Well, a lot of people have been jailed - having a ‘difference of opinion’ over the expectations of what’s required.

So the question is...how do we fit the Ben-my-Chree into Jurby?

As they say in Yorkshire.  All will out!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Howie's take according to MR...SP staff were "expected" to be isolating if they weren't travelling to and from the boat

Screenshot_20210219-184801_Chrome.jpg

Who’s going to want to work for steam packet if they are never allowed out of house for excercise, go to restaurants etc , you’d want double pay at least!!!

Can see this turning into major row, what if staff say F off and refused to work?

• Like 1

Just now, Banker said:

Who’s going to want to work for steam packet if they are never allowed out of house for excercise, go to restaurants etc , you’d want double pay at least!!!

Can see this turning into major row, what if staff say F off and refused to work?

They would be justified tbh. Wasnt there a post on facebook referring to a additional 24 staff needed for SP ? 

3 minutes ago, Lightening McQueen said:

How can the Ben My Chree crew be expected to just exist, going to work, then home isolating between shifts. Are they not allowed to have a life?

Yeah. But why have their bosses signed up to it knowing its unrealistic. The paperwork wont lie. Cant blame the staff I suppose.

Just now, Happier diner said:

Yeah. But why have their bosses signed up to it knowing its unrealistic. The paperwork wont lie. Cant blame the staff I suppose.

But what is the true story ? Clearly theres some confusion as to what protocols are in place . We for sure arent getting the truth from Howie and the likes 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Wouldn't alter anything.  We need to move on.

Ok, brainbox. What if a variant arises, against which the current vaccine set is less effective, even ineffective? In this scenario, the sooner any such variant can be identified the sooner vaccines can be tweaked. There are doubts regarding the Pfizer vaccine's efficacy against the South African variant, for instance...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news24.com/amp/news24/southafrica/news/covid-19-vaccines-worst-case-scenario-it-may-be-ineffective-against-new-variants-says-sahpra-chair-20210203

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/2/18/south-african-covid-variant-may-reduce-vaccine-protection-pfizer

CH4 news have just been discussing the danger of new variants and the efficacy of vaccines with regards to the SA variant and next-generation models. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No. But there will be a document and a risk assessment. Someone will have stuffed up. I'll wager it's not hennyetty. 

Judging by the briefings even if it she has messed up she'd never admit it and would take the opportunity to scold the person questioning her on a completely unrelated subject.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, quilp said:

Ok, brainbox. What if a variant arises, against which the current vaccine set is less effective, even ineffective? In this scenario, the sooner any such variant can be identified the sooner vaccines can be tweaked. There are doubts regarding the Pfizer vaccine's efficacy against the South African variant, for instance...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news24.com/amp/news24/southafrica/news/covid-19-vaccines-worst-case-scenario-it-may-be-ineffective-against-new-variants-says-sahpra-chair-20210203

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/2/18/south-african-covid-variant-may-reduce-vaccine-protection-pfizer

Test, trace, isolate. Essential. Its covid.

What strain?  Who gives a xxxx. Makes no difference. Passing interest.

The cure is the same. Test trace isolate.

I'm sealioning. I keep getting thrown the same fish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Judging by the briefings even if it she has messed up she'd never admit it and would take the opportunity to scold the person questioning her on a completely unrelated subject.

She signs them off. She doesnt need to admit it. There will be a paper trail. She is accountable.  She is not daft. I'd be surprised if she signed off anything dodgy. 

I don't trust the IOMSPCo. They are seamen at the end of the day.

Just now, quilp said:

You're a surface dweller, you need to think about this with a bit more depth. 

No I don't need to think about it. I already did. I'm not stupid. If someone throws a brick through my window. I'll chase after them. I wont wait 3 days for the genomics to tell me what sort of brick it was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

She signs them off. She doesnt need to admit it. There will be a paper trail. She is accountable.  She is not daft. I'd be surprised if she signed off anything dodgy. 

I don't trust the IOMSPCo. They are seamen at the end of the day.

If it was in a regulated industry, the policy, procedure, testing, and compliance and exceptions reporting would all be asked for.  

Edit to add: in the regulated sector you are dealing with money, not people's lives, so that is probably the difference.  

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1