IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I would guess that the Steam Packet received a document that stated what their seamen were supposed to do from gov. That document would have been so badly thought out and totally impractical to implement in their circumstances they ignored it.

If gov told returning resident you have to isolate in a tent at the end of the iron pier in Ramsey who would? Same sort of thing but on a grander scale.

The cabinet office thinking they are ALL POWERFUL would not have bothered to check up their mad rules were being followed because in their arrogance they would think everybody does as they tell them to..............

I would have thought if that were the case, the SP would go back to the government to tell them their rules were unworkable, just to cover their own arse. 

I'm guessing you're partially correct in that the government just assumed the SP would be following the general isolation rules, but I have a suspicion that the government never bothered to explicitly spell the rules out and get the SP to formally agree in a signed document.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I would guess that the Steam Packet received a document that stated what their seamen were supposed to do from gov. That document would have been so badly thought out and totally impractical to implement in their circumstances they ignored it.

If gov told returning resident you have to isolate in a tent at the end of the iron pier in Ramsey who would? Same sort of thing but on a grander scale.

The cabinet office thinking they are ALL POWERFUL would not have bothered to check up their mad rules were being followed because in their arrogance they would think everybody does as they tell them to..............

I cannot believe that there was ever an intention to direct all staff to work then isolate continuously.  It would simply be impossible to do, selfish and mentally ruinous for most.

So, I'm skeptical those sort of requirements were ever asked for or expected.

I am fairly certain the SP would have had some agreed protocols to minimise, within practical reason, the chance of covid being caught by staff at work.  The bigger question might be whether these protocols have been adhered to?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I cannot believe that there was ever an intention to direct all staff to work then isolate continuously.  It would simply be impossible to do, selfish and mentally ruinous for most.

So, I'm skeptical those sort of requirements were ever asked for or expected.

I am fairly certain the SP would have had some agreed protocols to minimise, within practical reason, the chance of covid being caught by staff at work.  The bigger question might be whether these protocols have been adhered to?

Also a question I think of whether the protocols were what the Government thought they were ? and if not where the hiatus in the system was.

Just now, asitis said:

Also a question I think of whether the protocols were what the Government thought they were ? and if not where the hiatus in the system was.

I dont see the SP as any different to Mezeron and any flight crew on the daily flights in and out.

There is simply no way those others are isolating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

No, but if you get your window smashed, you also have a compulsion to go round throwing your own bricks through other people’s windows. But, you don’t know you’ve had a brick through your window for anything between 2 and 14 days. 

When you’ve had that brick through your window, you get a compulsion to start throwing bricks through other people’s windows, even before you’ve found the brick through yours. Just an overwhelming urge that overtakes you. You might never know you’ve had a brick through your window. 

So, you have an epidemic of brick throwing. You want to find out who started throwing the bricks, why they started throwing the bricks, and whose windows they threw them at. 

What you don’t know, is whether A remembers everyone whose windows they threw bricks at, nor without going to look, how many windows were broken. 

But, Mrs Jones suddenly finds that she’s being overtaken by this brick throwing urge. She hasn’t had any bricks thrown at her windows that she knows of, but, it turns out, she has the compulsion too. 

Now, finding out quickly who threw the brick at her, means you know whether there are any unknown brick throwers, or it turns out Mrs Jones bumped into your original brick thrower in the pub. 

Of course, the sooner you unmask any unidentified brick throwers, the quicker we can go back to normal and let people go out and about, rather than staying home to deter brick throwers. 

You missed out the hairdressers. 

So possibly the Steam Packet had a notification that said their crews were exempt from "normal" Covid rules.

The rest of the document may then have gone into detail about what the actual requirements were, but perhaps they didn't read that?

They managed to "get away with it" for a year, so something has recently "gone wrong" with what they were doing. It's that "slip up" that needs to be found, before it happens again, whether it be Mezeron, Loganair, the newspaper delivery man, etc.. who is next in the frame.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

So possibly the Steam Packet had a notification that said their crews were exempt from "normal" Covid rules.

The rest of the document may then have gone into detail about what the actual requirements were, but perhaps they didn't read that?

They managed to "get away with it" for a year, so something has recently "gone wrong" with what they were doing. It's that "slip up" that needs to be found, before it happens again, whether it be Mezeron, Loganair, the newspaper delivery man, etc.. who is next in the frame.  

the SPC may have got Skelly to just skim read it to them.

• Haha 3