IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

298 vaccinations today & 309 yesterday, seems they do substantially less at weekend as they we did 864 Friday & 1023 Thursday.  Not sure why but thought they would try and keep the pace up at the higher levels .

They cannot even safely staff Nobles at the weekends. Heavy demands on bank staff and even overtime now in place.

The public reap what the managers sow.  And the politicians have let them get away with it.

As I said, statement on staffing now needed by DA, if only to call those accountable for what they have led us to.

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is there an identifiable reason for the staffing issue? 

Lots disgruntled , lots stop then go on the bank and work less hours for same or more money . I would also think weekend is harder to get staff to work if family etc off . Lots of job share goes on too . Who are only contracted for a max amount of hours . I know my sister has done extra this week with a day doing vaccinations over and above her usual 3 days .  

Edited by Numbnuts

11 minutes ago, Apple said:

They cannot even safely staff Nobles at the weekends. Heavy demands on bank staff and even overtime now in place.

The public reap what the managers sow.  And the politicians have let them get away with it.

As I said, statement on staffing now needed by DA, if only to call those accountable for what they have led us to.

Wasn’t aware the staff issues were that bad, thought Ashie said they had plenty of staff available to ramp up vaccinations in March?

Dont understand why they can’t ask GP surgeries to help with Oxford vaccinations like the flu jabs

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It adds nothing of value.

Plus it brings you closer to Big Brother style monitoring.

You clearly don’t understand how it works then. 

In essence, your phone sends out anonymous beacons every X seconds. These beacons change every 10 minutes or so. 

You can’t link beacons between iterations. You also can’t link beacons back to the sender. Because of the time aspect. 

If you get a positive result, you share a list of the beacons you’ve sent over the last X days. Everyone else can get a list of the exposure beacons that have been declared. They can then compare it to the list of beacons they’ve collected. 

Less big brother than having Facebook on your phone, or WhatsApp. Or having a phone running Android. 

Note, that if you have Wi-Fi enabled, your phone will be scanning for networks regularly. To do this with some anonymity, it randomises the sender addresses that it uses for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Lots disgruntled , lots stop then go on the bank and work less hours for same or more money . I would also think weekend is harder to get staff to work if family etc off . Lots of job share goes on too . Who are only contracted for a max amount of hours . I know my sister has done extra this week with a day doing vaccinations over and above her usual 3 days .  

What is the cause of the disgruntlement? 

@pongoI think some context is needed.

Biggest issue with apps is user compliance. If you don't have 50%+ of the population onboarded with it, destined to fail. Generally it is failing in big countries.

Go look at Jersey instead and ask them how with around 60% of the population registered, it is helping them massively in crushing crushing the numbers.

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Top Google skillz at ya!

So guess that shows they aren’t 100% and a magic cure all but then I don’t think anyone every said they were?

Can those google skillz find any evidence of a track and trace app actually setting a manual track and trace program back?  Let’s face it if the app immediately flags up only 30% of the close contacts that our way does, and maybe a few that our way then comes back and says don’t need to be isolating that is still better than those people mixing for a couple of days is it not?

Just now, TheTeapot said:

I wouldn't want to comply, its a bullshit step towards something much worse.

Tracing apps have often been pushed by those looking to open up for unnecessary business travel.

The much better technological solution is to use the new technologies to make unnecessary business travel a thing of the past.

Can we please get this in perspective?

In the last week I have had a haircut, been for a pint with a few mates and enjoyed a meal in a restaurant with members of my family. 

Can we not just be glad we can do this sort of thing, when others can’t without moaning about this that and the other.

Call it luck or good governance, or a bit of both let’s just be grateful we can.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is there an identifiable reason for the staffing issue? 

Multifactorial, many connected with the pandemic.

Access to short term agency staff from UK almost impossible.

Permanent recruitment difficult - UK folk don’t want to move (it’s a complete leap into the unknown, they can’t even test the water) and recruitment from further afield is even more unlikely. 

Retirements - work is getting harder (because we’re short) and this is pushing some who might otherwise stay on a bit to take the pension and go on the bank part time. 

There are probably others.

• Like 2