IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It doesn't seem to be spreading that quickly to be fair - yet. Until tonight, one case since Thursday. 

But we have had a weekend since with clubs/ pubs busy so middle of week is favourite I'd say for outbreaks. If we get to the end of the week with just a couple then we have escaped a second time . Riding the luck though !! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

But we have had a weekend since with clubs/ pubs busy so middle of week is favourite I'd say for outbreaks. If we get to the end of the week with just a couple then we have escaped a second time . Riding the luck though !! 

Agree. If the person who has just tested positive is the only one who was unfortunate enough to have been infected last Tuesday and they have lived like a hermit over the last few days, then that is indeed luck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Judging by the steady flow of rowdy piss-heads staggering up our road up until about 4am, the town must have been busy last night. Maybe there will be another lockdown.

(Dare I say, the thought did cross my mind: Every cloud...etc)

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Judging by the steady flow of rowdy piss-heads staggering up our road up until about 4am, the town must have been busy last night. Maybe there will be another lockdown.

(Dare I say, the thought did cross my mind: Every cloud...etc)

I'll be honest, many I know - myself included- had big nights on Friday anticipating it to be our last in a while.

I think most of the public wouldn't be surprised to see any measures in the coming week.

• Like 1

Interestingly today's figures showed just one person awaiting results.  Presumably they weren't swabbing any more after 4pm, and since this is a test via 111 this looks like they either held the information back or were desperately re-testing the sample hoping it wasn't true.  Either way they may have given the virus another 8 hours to spread.

• Like 1