IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Given it’s another late press release how do they expect it to reach everyone in time? How many of those Java Express customers will already be asleep, get up in the morning for work, carry on as normal and be completely oblivious of the press release?

And be sending their kids to school.

20 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Judging by the steady flow of rowdy piss-heads staggering up our road up until about 4am, the town must have been busy last night. Maybe there will be another lockdown.

(Dare I say, the thought did cross my mind: Every cloud...etc)

I was out late on Saturday/Sunday morning in 1886 etc and was pretty busy in there but owner said they were rammed on Thursday night and he expected a lockdown then. Obviously glad there wasnt but its likely I feel. 

Just now, slinkydevil said:

And be sending their kids to school.

I suppose it’s relying on luck that people will be checking their social media before work, read/listen to the news and then the gossip that will probably be taking place in offices. This does highlight the need for some form of track and trace, even if it’s businesses taking a name/email/phone number, so many people nip into Java just for a takeaway coffee/lunch I wonder how many people will be potentially affected or is this only for those who actually say in for 15 mins +

5 hours ago, Banker said:

298 vaccinations today & 309 yesterday, seems they do substantially less at weekend as they we did 864 Friday & 1023 Thursday.  Not sure why but thought they would try and keep the pace up at the higher levels .

I think they've actually run 'low' on vaccines as the website shows only 258 vaccinations booked in over the next 7 days.  The last stock audit (as of Wednesday) showed only 1987 first doses in hand and even with some delivery, your figures[1] show there will be not much left over.  Given that we always knew there were going to be temporary supply problems with Pfizer  mid-February, there may be less to give out.

Of course low is a comparative term because we also know there are about 9,000 doses sitting there earmarked for those second jabs which have to be given at the exact minimum inter-dosage time from exactly the same batch of vaccines because ...reasons. 

Well it must be true as it's from the very bestest scientific advice available, which apparently is Courtney Heading's cat telling Ashie in a dream.

[1]  I reckon 1866 were given as first dose, 623 as second.

3 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I suppose it’s relying on luck that people will be checking their social media before work, read/listen to the news and then the gossip that will probably be taking place in offices. This does highlight the need for some form of track and trace, even if it’s businesses taking a name/email/phone number, so many people nip into Java just for a takeaway coffee/lunch I wonder how many people will be potentially affected or is this only for those who actually say in for 15 mins +

This was my suggestion to Gov.

All hospitality should have a checking in system that either the staff can do or visitors can do on their mobile devices via QR code. One person per group is sufficient. You can then instantly SMS, email, you name it and get those people in to isolation. The central register is controlled by Public Health and its very minimal from a 'Big Brother' perspective and no need to wait for the venue to provide manual data.

We cannot continue relying on this social media campaign to encourage people to self isolate. I can't remember what time I popped out for a coffee last week, I best most can't either.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

They certainly could do with the genomics results poste haste on this one, unless hetty is going to read the tea leaves dot cotton style

Yes I think even hetty would dearly like to know what variant we are dealing with here.  It does seem likely it is one of the more transmissible varieties.  Another customer in same coffee house.  I  suspect the late press release reflects the disquiet they feel given schools returning.  Fully expect further press releases today and another presser this evening.

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think they've actually run 'low' on vaccines as the website shows only 258 vaccinations booked in over the next 7 days.  The last stock audit (as of Wednesday) showed only 1987 first doses in hand and even with some delivery, your figures[1] show there will be not much left over.  Given that we always knew there were going to be temporary supply problems with Pfizer  mid-February, there may be less to give out.

Of course low is a comparative term because we also know there are about 9,000 doses sitting there earmarked for those second jabs which have to be given at the exact minimum inter-dosage time from exactly the same batch of vaccines because ...reasons. 

Well it must be true as it's from the very bestest scientific advice available, which apparently is Courtney Heading's cat telling Ashie in a dream.

[1]  I reckon 1866 were given as first dose, 623 as second.

Ashford stated they are reviewing the period between doses and expects to make an announcement early this week.  I would be amazed if they do not now adopt the period the UK is utilising, particularly in respect of the Oxford vaccine.  I am sure they have a lot to discuss this am.  The dashboard is due an update re vaccine stock which will give  a more clear picture, but yes this is the period of the astrazenica production refit.

Edited by Hmmmm

Just me that thinks the SPCO employee might not actually be the index case and that it’s been bubbling away with loads of cases not showing symptoms since last time?

The rock project thing sounds unlikely to me from one case there to show up in others so quickly, and who is to say for definite that this case at Java wasn’t transmitted the other way round but with no symptoms until now.  I think the “case” in Java last week was picked up by our prehistoric track and trace system rather than it being someone with symptoms, so neither of these people were ill this time last week.  Now one was picked up by contact tracing, one has developed symptoms, and people are just assuming the direction of transmission. That’s if transmission even occurred in JAVA at all, they could be completely unrelated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Given it’s another late press release how do they expect it to reach everyone in time? How many of those Java Express customers will already be asleep, get up in the morning for work, carry on as normal and be completely oblivious of the press release?

They've released when they could.   If people don't read the news then what you've suggested above can actually happen any time.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Just me that thinks the SPCO employee might not actually be the index case and that it’s been bubbling away with loads of cases not showing symptoms since last time?

The rock project thing sounds unlikely to me from one case there to show up in others so quickly, and who is to say for definite that this case at Java wasn’t transmitted the other way round but with no symptoms until now.  I think the “case” in Java last week was picked up by our prehistoric track and trace system rather than it being someone with symptoms, so neither of these people were ill this time last week.  Now one was picked up by contact tracing, one has developed symptoms, and people are just assuming the direction of transmission. That’s if transmission even occurred in JAVA at all, they could be completely unrelated.

"Prehistoric " trace and trace? Eh?

20 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

"Prehistoric " trace and trace? Eh?

Relying on people to remember and be honest about where they have been.  Wait a few days, then read out or put on social media a list that narrows it down as much as Boots, any part of at any time in a 90 minute window.

Hardly cutting edge is it?

I couldn’t even tell you where I was and at what times yesterday (without referring back to the location tracking I have turned on in google.  They haven’t even requested that people voluntarily turn that on to make things easier)

92E68BF3-B876-4DCD-B3AB-D428EF1F233B.jpeg

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1