IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

58 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Mr Ashford MBE Stated Low risk not an exact science.

So does that mean it is a guess.

If so are they basing the health of a Nation on guesses

Nice one.

No it doesn’t mean it’s a guess.

It’s a categorisation taking all the relevant factors into account. This involves a degree of objectivity which means it cannot be an exact science.

Low risk does not mean no risk, as has been proved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s a categorisation taking all the relevant factors into account. This involves a degree of objectivity which means it cannot be an exact science.

Disagree there. I interpreted Ashford as saying:

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

Which is far simpler.

• Haha 3

I’m not going to waste my time battling against two of the most vocal forum members individually. It’s simply my opinion that I believe the process could be more streamlined, I don’t think the turnaround time is quick enough, I think releasing at 11:30pm actually causes more panic because the time of day certainly suggests urgency, the track and trace system is simply relying on goodwill and I don’t feel we’ve learnt anything since N.Y.D cases at all.

They can’t actually be sure this is the same ‘cluster’ until the genomic results come back, in the meantime it’s relying on contact tracing playing dot to dot, assuming it is actually the same transmission line. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’m not going to waste my time battling against two of the most vocal forum members individually. It’s simply my opinion that I believe the process could be more streamlined, I don’t think the turnaround time is quick enough, I think releasing at 11:30pm actually causes more panic because the time of day certainly suggests urgency, the track and trace system is simply relying on goodwill and I don’t feel we’ve learnt anything since N.Y.D cases at all.

They can’t actually be sure this is the same ‘cluster’ until the genomic results come back, in the meantime it’s relying on contact tracing playing dot to dot, assuming it is actually the same transmission line. 

I think part of the problem is there are some utterly selfish fuckers who have zero appreciation for the relentless efforts of some of the people involved in trying to manage the pandemic.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Why would you be " very surprised"?

It's Sunday for a start.  Do you think people are literally hanging around 24 hours a day in the lab waiting for someone to need testing?

Someone clearly phoned up with or developed symptoms that needed a test.  They then have to get that test, have th le test taken to be examined.  The results then have to be reviewed and confirmed.   It then has to go to government, on a Sunday night, to arrange a communication. 

So, if all that kicked off mid to late afternoon yesterday WTF are you expecting?

Were you working last night BTW?

111 is open 8 till 8 i thought?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, The Chief said:

can't argue semantics with Howie he told us that very early on.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

And that's the problem.  They're more interested in playing about with words so they can pretend they are in control rather than dealing with reality and actually controlling things.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I am sure there is a risk, but unsure of that risk, because the risk can't be measured

scientifically, If it is not an exact science and can't be proven, until it is either  it is proved or disproved

So it could be a high risk or a low risk, so someone has to make a chose.

Then that is a guess.

10 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I think part of the problem is there are some utterly selfish fuckers who have zero appreciation for the relentless efforts of some of the people involved in trying to manage the pandemic.

Heaven forbid someone has the audacity to have a difference of opinion to yourself. The selfish fuckers are those with short memories who go out exactly the same as before, like COVID-19 has never existed, 3 weeks lockdown for 2 weeks freedom wasn’t worth it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Disagree there. I interpreted Ashford as saying:

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

Which is far simpler.

Yes, thank you Humphrey.

• Haha 1