IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hmmm. Was hoping for less than 6 really. Still, means I can tell anyone looking at me weird for wearing my snood to piss off.

That'll work, how to win friends and influence people. 😄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Maybe now is the time for compulsory mask wearing outdoors until the authorities get a handle on this

Isle of Man Government don't believe in masks. They are a bit like these Covid deniers when it comes to masks. A bit like Donald Trump used to be. But even he changed.

All around the world people are wearing masks, especially at press briefings (it puts out the message), but only Isle of Man Gov boys do they do it so reluctantly. Like the tough kids in infant school being made to wear a bobble hat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

As long as they can be traced back to the index case then there’s not a problem 

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

All linked to original cases so one cluster 

It's interesting you say this, as if it is of any meaning, a good thing even, a reason to downplay it all. What it actually shows, is how quickly things can move, from 1 to 21 in a matter of days. It should serve, as if another was needed, as fair warning.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 5

Just now, TheTeapot said:

It's interesting you say this, as if it is of any meaning, a good thing even, a reason to downplay it all. What it actually shows, is how quickly things can move from 1 to 21 in a matter of days. It should serve, as if another was needed, as fair warning.

Well I quoted from press release and it does have meaning & is good news as it’s not spreading from unknown sources 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

As long as they can be traced back to the index case then there’s not a problem 

.....but the index case was a problem, was it not?

How many has he spread it to now?

Add the length of time to get the tracking info out to us!

Luck:Control ratio................

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

image.png.f5b97b1d7a8cb6edc07d6152b0dab4eb.png

That's looking to me like it's building to a Wednesday circuit breaker. Damage was likely done in the days before these people were told to isolate.

They should have gone for a Fri to Mon lockdown (at least shutting venues, surge tested and shut the pubs).

Pubs were packed Fri night and Sunday.

Instead of losing 4 weeks business...nip things in the bud over 4 days.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 8