IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

28 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Why does the rest of the world seem to go

....and if the rest of the world was killing all first-born sons; that would be OK, you'd go along with it and expect the rest of us to do so as well.  For goodness sake, use what remaining freedom of thought and action you have and make your own decision.  If you want to spend the rest of your days hiding under a face-nappy, then feel free - but don't come and question or condemn those who don't share your timidity.  Why would any sane person outdoors in fresh (and usually gale-force) air even contemplate that there was any risk?  The Great Brainwash is almost achieved.

Edited by Utah 01
Exasperation
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That's looking to me like it's building to a Wednesday circuit breaker. Damage was likely done in the days before these people were told to isolate.

They should have gone for a Fri to Mon lockdown (at least shutting venues, surge tested and shut the pubs).

Pubs were packed Fri night and Sunday.

Instead of losing 4 weeks business...nip things in the bud over 4 days.

I was actually optimistic that we'd gotten lucky over the weekend.

I'm not even pessimistic now, just, genuinely unsure. It could go either way, but there's a reasonable chance it's out there.

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

June 21st then.

UK fully open, no restrictions. Great to see some clarity at last from BJ.

Dependant upon the success of the defined steps leading up to that date.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

You talk some bollocks , fairly certain it will happen any delay will be minimal, can’t afford any more lockdown 

I did not say they will be fully locked down until September. They will ease restrictions but there is no chance they will be fully open with no restrictions in three months.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

You talk some bollocks ,

Says Banker.

I reckon the UK should be fine with that timescale, it's certainly not as ambitious as it could have been. The schools are the big risk, I would have hoped they'd go all out on stressing to the public 'cases are dropping fast, lets really get them down over the next two weeks' to give it the best chaance of working with minimal kickbck.

12 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I was actually optimistic that we'd gotten lucky over the weekend.

I'm not even pessimistic now, just, genuinely unsure. It could go either way, but there's a reasonable chance it's out there.

If it's out there, we lock down. That works. Why rush it. It's not like we are behind with our vaccination programme at all.....doh!

• Haha 1

Listening to the news there and it talks about all the positives about opening up they then get to schools and still have to have someone negative on saying why opening schools is bad rather than having someone positive on welcoming back the kids.

The media need to have a long hard look at themselves about the way they've acted during this whole thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1