IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

47 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s this strange fetish to ensure they have enough second doses on standby  for all those who’ve had their first dose.

Theres 10,000 plus doses in the fridge sat waiting. Total mess. They can be delivering 1000 a day. They’ve done less than that over the last 3 days. 

Hi John. You have finally come round to my way of thinking. I made this point weeks ago. :D

In your defence, we did agree that it was irrelevant if they caught up which was a possibility. They haven't.

10 minutes ago, Nellie said:

But for every one they deliver, another goes in the cupboard.

This is a method that might be used if they believe the vaccine supply may reduce or even cease.

But in that case, they should consider whether it is better to give more people a single injection or to give fewer people  both injections.

I think that, as with the vaccination hub "follies", this is just muddled thinking.

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

This is a method that might be used if they believe the vaccine supply may reduce or even cease.

But in that case, they should consider whether it is better to give more people a single injection or to give fewer people  both injections.

I think that, as with the vaccination hub "follies", this is just muddled thinking.

They need to get as many first vaccinated as possible in the immediate term. The second jabs can look after themselves as all you need to do is reduce the rate of first jabs as the stocks of second jabs reduce. It's a simple bit of project programming that government don't seem to understand. 

• Like 2

Following on...I got my letter today, phoned 111, eventually got through, pressed 2 as requested, after a long while was answered to be told I had used the wrong extension.?? (I'd used 2 as requested).....the girl put me through to 1 !!...The guy on 1 said, 'oh yes I'm doing both'. Dunno what on Earth that meant.

Fortunately, all ended well and I've got first and second appointments at Chester St.

Weird, or what ??

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Argh. Just argh. 

When I had my lung infection at the end of the year my Doc suggested  got a test. I rang and it rang for hours constantly being told to was third in the queue before it rang out. I repeated the process until the credit in my phone ran out. This was over two days and it cost me £20. In the end I stayed home, went to bed for three weeks and joined Twitter. (But that’s a whole different story). 

Could you not have used your landline phone? It’s cheaper and you don’t run out of credit 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Could you not have used your landline phone? It’s cheaper and you don’t run out of credit 

Personally speaking, I'm shocked that it's not a free-phone number.

111 can't be a chargeable number, surely? I've never had to ring it so I have no experience. But....really? It costs money?! :o

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1