IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

29 minutes ago, quilp said:

Am I missing something here regarding the Java staff? They're back to work tomorrow after a negative test result following possible exposure last Tuesday. Is one week enough time to be sure they're negative, considering there have been longer incubation times in some people, who go on to test positive after a week or so following a previous negative result ?

Maybe @rachomics has the answer..? 

I thought the same. Why are some people who have been in same workplaces, leisure facilities and suchlike have to self isolate for 14 days yet the workers at Java only have to have one test and then open tomorrow? Cant imagine them being busy if anyone has any sense! 

35 minutes ago, Banker said:

... some customers who were in for 15 minutes in that 1 hour slot have been told to isolate for 14 days with 3 tests!

Is this gospel? I've trawled most of the media (except farcebook as I'm not on it) and can find nothing which confirms what you posted about the customers having to isolate. Maybe wrighty's right about Java, that they have plenty of staffers. My sister's friend was in Java at the times given and has been tested today. She has been told to self-isolate, along with her husband and kids until she gets her result back which, she was told may not be until Wednesday. 

That's the point thought Quilp, did T nT , trace near customers or long lost friends who hugged and kissed? DA does not make this clear, rather he would have us believe that 'contact' was or 'nearness' was minimal and then it is an 'low risk' venue T n T 'must' know this difference? They are not telling us of the greater risk?

The desire to declare every contact as ' non community', seems to override the acceptance that some are community spread thru family of the first instance of the positive test. Seems to be the sudden rush to find out just what have the SP been adhering to?

The delay in getting the 'Low risk' venues out to us, the community, seems to be too slow, how much further has the contagion spread between a 3 day old positive spread, thru himself or family untill WE get to know of the risk?

Edited by Kopek

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Java noodle bar staff all negative and reopening tomorrow, just been announced 

Just seen that myself, quite impressive they were tested, received results same day and even made an announcement at 10pm to say they’ll be reopening tomorrow but slightly later than normal (10am) as they’ll be undertaking a deep clean.

18 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Just seen that myself, quite impressive they were tested, received results same day and even made an announcement at 10pm to say they’ll be reopening tomorrow but slightly later than normal (10am) as they’ll be undertaking a deep clean.

Remarkable, innit. 

'A deep clean'!!!

All hospitaslity outlets will have for many years been doing a 'deep clean' every night!

This is just a fop to the public to show that they are now 'Super clean' and safe to enter.

We have simply changed our anti-bac to anti-virus sprays in the hope that this adds extra dimension to our normal clean down?

Would that the public are as diligent as us!

• Like 1

Colleague was told to self isolate as his partner was in Java during the time/date stated. Initial test for his partner came back negative, they have both been cleared to end self isolation and go about their normal lives.

lots of IOMG people were in Java at the times published :)

Yet the dance comp people and the School contacts are still self isolating after negative tests a week later. I am assuming this is because they weren’t classed as low risk as Java was.