IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Like a car salesman. Unfortunately he is still full of bullshit, towing the COMIN line.

He was also, prior to joining the Tynpotwald club, an expert with paperclips, and all round knowledge of the filling cabinet. 

Dr Glover as well as having superior medical knowledge and practical experience, also has the distinct experience of being involved as a businesswoman, through running her Business. Sadly the likes of Ashie and others, don’t have this experience, which I would term ‘real life experience’, as well as ‘school of life’. Sadly some politicos have led a somewhat sheltered upbringing, bring little to the table, then think and act like they are a CEO - when in realty they can’t run the Nobles Hospital shop efficiently.

Ashford is guided by the Director of Public Health and the CEO of the Department of Health and social security and would be very unlikely to make decisions that contradict that advice. Unless you made Dr G minister the same would apply.

I see HRH The Chief Minister is demonising the Steam Packet staff yet again, this pitting English based crew against Manx based crew. Very tedious now, another Manx problem needs a Manx solution. Perhaps there should only be a freight only service using the Arrow. No passengers or vehicles. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

So with four more cases discovered, the headmaster, sounding slightly flustered makes an amazing discovery...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/four-new-cases-of-covid-19-since-previous-update/

Someone else is sounding "slightly flustered" in that clip. At .16 you can hear someone heaving an almighty sigh. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Like a car salesman. Unfortunately he is still full of bullshit, towing the COMIN line.

He was also, prior to joining the Tynpotwald club, an expert with paperclips, and all round knowledge of the filling cabinet. 

Dr Glover as well as having superior medical knowledge and practical experience, also has the distinct experience of being involved as a businesswoman, through running her Business. Sadly the likes of Ashie and others, don’t have this experience, which I would term ‘real life experience’, as well as ‘school of life’. Sadly some politicos have led a somewhat sheltered upbringing, bring little to the table, then think and act like they are a CEO - when in realty they can’t run the Nobles Hospital shop efficiently.

What you say regarding medical knowledge etc is of course very true. I think though that DA does have a political grasp of the facts, he's not daft. That's what politicians are elected for, to have that grasp and relay it in terms that we understand and use it to make decisions. 

For whatever reason, governments do not allow private enterprise to speak for them or make decisions. My personal feeling with Dr Glover is that they didn't like her tweeting or coming on here with confrontational or contentious views, however right she may have been. When you think about it, you can understand why, dissent is destructive.  

• Like 2

so that's 10 in less than 24 hours interesting, I suppose the assumption is that the 4 new results came in too late to be added to yesterdays total.............or are we splitting them up now to make it not seem quite so high, got to save face and all that.

Will the new 4 get added to todays total or will they get forgotten about?

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

So with four more cases discovered, the headmaster, sounding slightly flustered makes an amazing discovery...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/four-new-cases-of-covid-19-since-previous-update/

There's clearly been another "cluster" 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Max Power said:

Very true, and where have they all been? It's inevitable that there will now be a lot more cases over the next few days.

In theory, high risk contacts will have been in isolation as soon as they were identified.

Guessing from timescales, it must be their second test that has come up positive, making them likely to have not spread it.

Hopefully?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This is why people who think we can bumble along with a little bit of a pandemic are stupid.

I certainly don't suggest we bumble along but unfortunately there are two choices

1) Accept occasional small outbreaks and try to manage them or

2) Be locked down all the time.

Neither are good.

Which is your preferred?