IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Good to see that the Java staff tested negative and are now back at work. I am slightly confused at this though. My colleague at work is currently self isolating at home after his young daughter was caught up in the school isolation bit. Daughter had the test which came back negative. However, the family still have to stay in isolation until they have a second test. Why does that not apply to Java staff?

Because we don't know the exact timings, level of contact etc.  I would suggest however, that young daughter to parent contact/transmission is far more likely than customer to kitchen staff transmission, which may explain the apparent discrepancy.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Banker said:

Several relatives have had similar experience which is not great if you’re elderly and easily confused ,one was promised call back as vaccinations line kept ringing out but it never happened 

Just wait until they get an email....

After I registered I got an email asking me to fill in consent forms. In the email the words "Consent Form" were highlighted as though is was a URL link. Clicking on it does nothing - because no URL link has been included.

Further down there are what appears to be two URLs concatenated on the same line. Clicking somewhere does go to a link, but not to consent forms. But, somewhat to my surprise, I found that the final few characters of the second URL are actually a link to a third, hidden, URL - which is where the consent form is.

How many oldies are willing to wade through the source text of an email to find this stuff out? - apart from me, of course.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Good to see that the Java staff tested negative and are now back at work. I am slightly confused at this though. My colleague at work is currently self isolating at home after his young daughter was caught up in the school isolation bit. Daughter had the test which came back negative. However, the family still have to stay in isolation until they have a second test. Why does that not apply to Java staff?

Not all of the staff were high risk contacts...so can work after a single test....which is what Ashford said on MR this morning.

Edited by Albert Tatlock

What level are we on, in the Borders Framework?

Level 4 is highlighted in green. Is that the current level that's in operation? 

I thought we were in Level 5A. I don't recall seeing a press release about a change.

ETA: Indeed it does say we're in Level 4.

Edited by Andy Onchan

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That is very true. But she then went on and became a doctor. A real one, and an expert it genomic testing  

We have a health Minister who says all the words but is still coming from the experience of a barman. And paper clips.

If this was a level playing field, who would you like to hear calling the shots. David or Rachel? 

Daddy or chips, daddy or chips. 

Yes  but DA is being advised by people with real qualifications too.

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That is very true. But she then went on and became a doctor. A real one, and an expert it genomic testing  

We have a health Minister who says all the words but is still coming from the experience of a barman. And paper clips.

If this was a level playing field, who would you like to hear calling the shots. David or Rachel? 

Daddy or chips, daddy or chips. 

I wasn’t knocking her, just thinking that previous bar work isn’t necessarily a deterrent to progressing. I’m a big fan of Dr Glover, but think she maybe needs to reign it in a little on social media re the government. 

I think they’ve lost control of this current “cluster”. Have four restaurant bookings before the weekend and expect half to be cancelled. 

4 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Oooh, we get HQ gracing our screens at 4pm.

4pm means no bad news usually too.

Billed as general update!! He’s also confirmed in HOK that SPC will be vaccinated hopefully this week & subject to regular testing which presumably they haven’t been so far