IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Where are you getting this information?

Lets say you are right

Thats 6|+24+12 = 42 hours. No good!

Its been publicised, plus everyone I know who has had a test has had one in the morning and been told their result by teatime the same day.

Look at the time scales for the contact tracing, told about a school a week later or a cafe.

I do not understand your reluctance to accept the usefulness of this as an additional help.

I think you must be doing it on purpose.

Declare your agenda.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Its been publicised, plus everyone I know who has had a test has had one in the morning and been told their result by teatime the same day.

Look at the time scales for the contact tracing, told about a school a week later or a cafe.

I do not understand your reluctance to accept the usefulness of this as an additional help.

Declare your agenda.

Perhaps they are Ashie or a friend as he keeps saying we don’t need to use a local genomics centre & repeated it this morning to Beth espey 

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Declare your agenda.

I don't have an agenda. I have a brain. 

Its a forum. You are going around in circles. Wasting your time. Check my other posts. I criticize government regularly but in this case I agree with them.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Doesn't make any difference what strain you have been exposed to though does it. The treatment is just the same.

You consistently neglect the fact that we aren't looking to see if it's the Kent strain or SA strain for contact tracing.

We're looking to see who gave the virus to who, based on the genetic material of a sample. That can be linked with real-time contact tracing to identify high risk exposures. That's generally the whole point.

Realistically, the timeliness of a day makes little odds to the validity of the data. 5 days to get it back from Liverpool does. The trail will still be warm if you're only a day behind, especially as the exposed won't yet be infectious, or you're working to isolate contacts before they become infectious. 5 days on the other hand makes it purely academic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You consistently neglect the fact that we aren't looking to see if it's the Kent strain or SA strain for contact tracing.

We're looking to see who gave the virus to who, based on the genetic material of a sample. That can be linked with real-time contact tracing to identify high risk exposures. That's generally the whole point.

Realistically, the timeliness of a day makes little odds to the validity of the data. 5 days to get it back from Liverpool does. The trail will still be warm if you're only a day behind, especially as the exposed won't yet be infectious, or you're working to isolate contacts before they become infectious. 5 days on the other hand makes it purely academic.

And do you know more than our public health experts? 

Or should I say

Do you think you all  know more than our public health experts?

Cos I don't reckon you do

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Where are you getting this information?

Lets say you are right

Thats 6|+24+12 = 42 hours. No good!

So, if you actually look at Rachel's twitter feed, she did a genomics sequence in real time from some COVID19 control tests.

Including the PCR testing, tea breaks, other work and no rush, she had the results ready to be processed within 24 hours. The data processing then she says she could've done within an hour or two after that, if it were real samples that needed processing.

• Like 2

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So, if you actually look at Rachel's twitter feed, she did a genomics sequence in real time from some COVID19 control tests.

Including the PCR testing, tea breaks, other work and no rush, she had the results ready to be processed within 24 hours. The data processing then she says she could've done within an hour or two after that, if it were real samples that needed processing.

Seems you have the agenda then

Just now, Happier diner said:

Seems you have the agenda then

My agenda is actually, the safety of quite a number of older and vulnerable relatives and a freedom that not many other places in Europe have at the moment.

I've nothing to do with Taxagenomics, or public health policy. But, anyone can see why the UK don't use genomics for contact tracing. The horse has bolted.

I can see why New Zealand do use genomics for contact tracing. They've got a policy of local elimination too. You need every armament you can get with that.

So, entertain me, what would be the downside of sampling the current outbreak, at no cost to the government?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So, entertain me, what would be the downside of sampling the current outbreak, at no cost to the government?

There is none.

it is good old fashioned misogyny from the ‘honourable’. 

Now it’s not my field of expertise, but it reeks of suspicion that Dr Glover isn’t being used. Is she a bit too close to home holding the ‘whistle’? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And this is the crux of the matter.

Our health and well-being is compromised, while at the same time, we are being told that everything is being done that can be done.

It's a lie.

Take a look at what the WHO says. Paragraph above bottom of page 21. Explains the limitations

https://apps.who.int/iris/rest/bitstreams/1326052/retrieve

I'm not a doctor and I struggled with a lot of this document. But my conclusions are based upon my understanding of it

I'm not just being as Ass/Troll on purpose. Its an interesting subject and the potential of this testing of course is clear. However, I'm just honestly not seeing the benefits to us at this moment in time and I agree with Ashford (or whoever is advising him) that as we are it wouldn't help

35 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Why is it no good compared to 5 days?

What's the average COVID incubation time? Oh wait, it's 2 to 7 days. So if you know who it has transmitted to within 2 at the most, you've got a pretty good chance of isolating them before they become infectious.

Perhaps I am being thick, but how does genomics tell you who the virus has been transmitted to.? To do the genomic studies you have to have a positive test. The genomic tests on one person will not tell you who they have transmitted the virus to if that person is not already known to have the virus.

Just now, Newbie said:

Perhaps I am being thick, but how does genomics tell you who the virus has been transmitted to.? To do the genomic studies you have to have a positive test. The genomic tests on one person will not tell you who they have transmitted the virus to if that person is not already known to have the virus.

It tells you who caught it from who.

So by measure, you know if Alice caught it from Bob. And if Alice caught it from Bob at a coffee shop, you know that the coffee shop could be a problem. If Alice didn't catch it from Bob, who did she catch it from?

This stops you from having to assume where cases were transmitted, and, at the very least, reaffirms your notion that it is a single cluster.

But, equally, you have Alice and Bob who both have it, whose contacts do you look at first? Knowing who gave it to who, that lets you follow it in the right direction too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Yey. Its not just me that gets it:rolleyes:

Or at least thinks he does:pirate: