IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

So am I.

This is what you get with arms length management companies. (ALMO's).

Expect the same sort of problems from Manx Care next year.

TBH, I am not sure that is the issue.  Probably more a misunderstanding of the relationship and miscommunication.  

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

TBH, I am not sure that is the issue.  Probably more a misunderstanding of the relationship and miscommunication.  

Exactly.

left hand vs right hand. 

42 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

me too,   it looks like the buck got well and truly thrown back at ashie and howie with bells on,  which is of course where it quite rightly  belongs.

Whilst I do sympathise with the staff. Why are we blaming the Chief Minister and the Health minister. Seems to me that the management of the SPCo may have signed up to an exemption that their staff cannot realistically meet. The Chief Minister does not sign these things off. The procedure is

1) The company apply for an exemption from the normal isolation procedure. This exemption contains a risk assessment and details the steps that the company will take to prevent the spread of the virus into the Island

2) This is submitted to the cabinet office who assess the measure (along the the Dir PH)

3) The exemption is approved if tyey are happy with it and a certificate is issued

Maybe the SPCo didn't bother telling the staff what was expected of them as Government seem very cocky that the fault isn't with them

We have been promised full details so will be interesting to see.

1 minute ago, Itsmeee said:

But it is not in the community 

repeat ad nauseum

I wonder if this time next week they will be saying 20,000 cases, but all linked to the Index case. All already at home isolating and not in the community! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Itsmeee said:

repeat ad nauseum

It's not a forest fire, it's just a fire caused by an accident with a barbecue. It's not a forest fire because we know it's all part of that original fire.

Whilst they may be correct, the more cases there are, the more likely a link will be missed to allow the community transmission to really start.

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It's not a forest fire, it's just a fire caused by an accident with a barbecue. It's not a forest fire because we know it's all part of that original fire.

Have they brought Geoffrey Boot on board as well now? 😂

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I wonder if this time next week they will be saying 20,000 cases, but all linked to the Index case. All already at home isolating and not in the community! 

Cases will start dropping off next week, these will probably be day 6/7 tests on those close contacts already in isolation. Everyone needs to calm down, the Facebook mob are already on the call for lockdown and starting conspiracy theories!!