IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

43 minutes ago, piebaps said:

There's a plane in the morning for you HD. Get on it, your time is done here.

On a happier note an englishman has been jailed in Singapore for breaking quarantine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-56206036

Ha Ha

Nice one.

To be fair I am only criticising the things that are bad and we all know they are. 

I should have said the rest of the island was beautiful and I love it. The four things i list are show stoppers at the moment. 

We aren't going to get a decent boat for a few years but we can have a proper borders policy and we can finish the prom😇

17 hours ago, Banker said:

All over 50s & vulnerable will have had both jabs by end of May according to ashie, borders policy due to be published tomorrow apparently 

Unfortunately, no longer going to happen. Since the AZ is now stupidly a 10 week interval, either all of those cohorts would have to have Pfizer (insufficient supply for that) or start on the other end of the 50+ Within the next couple of weeks (not going to happen). 

Heard on the rumour mill today that HQ reluctant on lockdown due to daughters private birthday at 1886 at the weekend that they had UK visitors over for after completing isolation.

Ultimately glad at this point that they didn't lock the Island down. But do wonder where the reasoning was in COMIN.

Edited by jaymann
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Heard on the rumour mill today that HQ reluctant on lockdown due to daughters private birthday at 1886 at the weekend that they had UK visitors over for after completing isolation.

Ultimately glad at this point that they didn't lock the Island down. But do wonder where the reasoning was in COMIN.

That rumour has been running for a couple of weeks now. I'd say it's bullshit.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Unfortunately, no longer going to happen. Since the AZ is now stupidly a 10 week interval, either all of those cohorts would have to have Pfizer (insufficient supply for that) or start on the other end of the 50+ Within the next couple of weeks (not going to happen). 

If you bothered listening to conference, Ashie said the total vaccinations schedule will only slip by 2 weeks in September and therefore most timescales will be mostly the same.

16 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I would say that was total Bollocks and whilst I don’t agree with some things he had done I know he wouldn’t let that stop him locking down, I’m just glad he ignored the cry’s for lockdown from the ‘ Close the Boarders mob’ 😀

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

I would say that was total Bollocks and whilst I don’t agree with some things he had done I know he wouldn’t let that stop him locking down, I’m just glad he ignored the cry’s for lockdown from the ‘ Close the Boarders mob’ 😀

Thank goodness for that. I hadnt bought her a pressie

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Banker said:

If you bothered listening to conference, Ashie said the total vaccinations schedule will only slip by 2 weeks in September and therefore most timescales will be mostly the same.

For a banker, I am surprised maths is not your strong point. Total schedule may slip a couple of weeks. However, individual targets will be missed by six to eight. In other words, end of May will slip to mid July. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

That's very true. By his calculation the whole programme will only slip by 2 weeks, but on my selfish agenda, and considering full protection (both jabs) , it will slip by 7 weeks won't it? (if I get summoned to Ronaldsway and not Chester St) - Given that I am just a smidgeon over 55.

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

For a banker, I am surprised maths is not your strong point. Total schedule may slip a couple of weeks. However, individual targets will be missed by six to eight. In other words, end of May will slip to mid July. 

You took the words out of my mouth. It won't be slipped targets, just realigned to the new thinking:whistling:

I blame covid for the delay in getting vaccines out. It scuppered the programme......oh no just remembered that was something else

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Well if total schedule ie for everyone to be vaccinated only slips by 2 weeks who cares, it’s only the AZ one & only those not already booked in si won’t make a lot of difference.

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's very true. By his calculation the whole programme will only slip by 2 weeks, but on my selfish agenda, and considering full protection (both jabs) , it will slip by 7 weeks won't it? (if I get summoned to Ronaldsway and not Chester St) - Given that I am just a smidgeon over 55.

There is the possibility that you may get the AZ one and your travel companion ( who for this example will be in a lower age group say 50 to 55)will get the other one and they will be fully vaccinated and immunised before you have even been back for your second jab

• Sad 1