IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, pongo said:

Seems unlikely given the govt own it. Worse case scenario, surely they could just sack everyone and get in a non-union crew. Probably be cheaper too. IOM has lots of companies which do crewing.

Probably what some of the idiots in cabinet office were saying and your mates in pitchfork brigade  but they’ve had to do another u turn and won’t be happy and will now look for another scapegoat 

Edited by Banker

32 minutes ago, Banker said:

Probably what some of the idiots in cabinet office were saying and your mates in pitchfork brigade  but they’ve had to do another u turn and won’t be happy and will now look for another scapegoat 

How the fuck do you reach the conclusion that the pongo is pitchforkist?

Wild. 

4 hours ago, Banker said:

I suppose Howies get out will be we’ve introduced a new testing regime which again should have been in place from the start!!

It's classic in the way the government have handled this.  They've gone from a situation where they had done no testing of the crew for nearly a year, to one when they are going to be tested twice a shift.  I haven't come across anywhere that does it more than once, but then no one else seems to have refused to use testing either.  They're just staggering between extremes making decisions for emotional and arse-covering reasons rather than based on science.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CowMan said:

But there do seem to be people who are genuinely disappointed that all this hasn’t ended in a lockdown as yet.

I haven't come across any disappointed as yet, but I have come across people who are worried.  And who can blame them?  Just last month we were being told that lockdown was the only way to solve things and prevent an epidemic; now we're being told there is nothing that needs to be done when faced with a similar-sized outbreak (at least).  You can see why rumours like the ones about the daughter's party started, it seems to be more rational than what explanations they do provide - which aren't many.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's classic in the way the government have handled this.  They've gone from a situation where they had done no testing of the crew for nearly a year, to one when they are going to be tested twice a shift.  I haven't come across anywhere that does it more than once, but then no one else seems to have refused to use testing either.  They're just staggering between extremes making decisions for emotional and arse-covering reasons rather than based on science.

Too few people making to many important decisions and, let's face it, none of them are cut out for this. No one is really. 

But even taking all that into account this new measure is bat shit crazy. It smacks of pettiness. But then that has been the same for a lot of Quayle term eg Beecroft and Thomas sackings.

59 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Classic arse covering mode indeed. Phrases such as "we understood... we believed... ".  We were lucky this time despite the triumvirate of incompotence and because SPC crew were diligent enough with their protocols.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Just last month we were being told that lockdown was the only way to solve things and prevent an epidemic; now we're being told there is nothing that needs to be done when faced with a similar-sized outbreak (at least).  You can see why rumours like the ones about the daughter's party started, it seems to be more rational than what explanations they do provide - which aren't many.

I’m not sure you’re right in some people not being visibly disappointed by a lack of lockdown to be honest. But then again I suppose I fall into a category of people who probably don’t need be told how they should act or what they should do by a man in Rupert Bear trousers appearing on Facebook. I’m more than happy to take responsibility for my own and others health and for my own job and income without being told that I need to hide under the stairs for another few weeks and give up even more of my income that I’d like to keep. If I feel it’s appropriate to wear a mask and socially distance then I’m happy to have that decision delegated to me not enforced on me. If our politicians are as untrustworthy as you say why are you waiting for people you have openly said you think are liars to tell you whether you need to self isolate via a lockdown or not? Surely you should already know the risks and be empowered to take appropriate action if it concerns you so much from evidence you seem to believe that you’ve seen? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Taken off 3FM page , posted around 4 hrs ago ..

Well my son had a call an hr ago and his test from this morning has came back positive hes not anything to do with this so called cluster they keep talking about x

How would they know?  Oh, genomics might help here.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

How would they know?  Oh, genomics might help here.

Saying he hasnt been in any of the places mentioned on days or times of concern and doesnt really know anyone as only been here around a year or so doesnt really talk wtc apart from shop assistants etc 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 1