IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Saying he hasnt been in any of the places mentioned on days or times of concern and doesnt really know anyone as only been here around a year or so .

Not doubting the story, or labelling them a doom monger, but with genomics, it could be determined very quickly if it is related or not. It may be that he did, unknowingly, have contact with someone in the cluster, or that someone forgot where they had been etc.  But genomics would be very useful, surely?

Meanwhile, that particular horse is, yet again, quietly munching in a field while everyone is looking in the stable wondering how it got out and where it is. 

Edit to add - or, if indeed, there ever was a horse in the stable. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, CowMan said:

If I feel it’s appropriate to wear a mask and socially distance then I’m happy to have that decision delegated to me not enforced on me. If our politicians are as untrustworthy as you say why are you waiting for people you have openly said you think are liars to tell you whether you need to self isolate via a lockdown or not? Surely you should already know the risks and be empowered to take appropriate action if it concerns you so much from evidence you seem to believe that you’ve seen? 

But you can only assess risk based on what information you have, and a lot of information simply isn't available to us or isn't trusted.  We don't know how cases link together and information released doesn't match rumour.  For example if the case reported on 3FM above is true, it doesn't tie in with there being no cases (and no results awaited) as reported today.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But you can only assess risk based on what information you have, and a lot of information simply isn't available to us or isn't trusted.  We don't know how cases link together and information released doesn't match rumour.  For example if the case reported on 3FM above is true, it doesn't tie in with there being no cases (and no results awaited) as reported today.

Given the time scale it maybe that this positive test came up after the no test announcement . But who knows the truth 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If their information isn’t to be trusted why would you then suddenly trust them if they finally came out and said ‘You must all now lockdown’ when you admit they’re liars who you believe are being economical with the truth? Also the case ‘reported’ on 3fm was a general Facebook comment left under a news report. It was not a 3Fm news report. So I’d be surprised if some are that desperate to substantiate their own fears that they would regard Facebook comments as fact. 

6 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Given the time scale it maybe that this positive test came up after the no test announcement . But who knows the truth 

Very doubtful, it’s like some of the other comments on 3fm Facebook previously eg I know lockdown about Howies daughter party, or I was in Java & not isolating etc all bollocks so hopefully the latest one is two 

just looking at3fm and comments about positive test still in there, so presumably found out later 

Edited by Banker

8 hours ago, CowMan said:

I’m not sure you’re right in some people not being visibly disappointed by a lack of lockdown to be honest. But then again I suppose I fall into a category of people who probably don’t need be told how they should act or what they should do by a man in Rupert Bear trousers appearing on Facebook. I’m more than happy to take responsibility for my own and others health and for my own job and income without being told that I need to hide under the stairs for another few weeks and give up even more of my income that I’d like to keep. If I feel it’s appropriate to wear a mask and socially distance then I’m happy to have that decision delegated to me not enforced on me. If our politicians are as untrustworthy as you say why are you waiting for people you have openly said you think are liars to tell you whether you need to self isolate via a lockdown or not? Surely you should already know the risks and be empowered to take appropriate action if it concerns you so much from evidence you seem to believe that you’ve seen? 

You need to stop being positive and objective. It wont go down well on here:lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Looking at the 3fm comments from this lady who looks very old from Profile, it does seem strange that she is posting at midnight, 3am and 7am which doesn’t seem like a very elderly lady, maybe been hacked?

I strongly doubt that a woman of her alleged age would use a reference to ‘ppl’ either instead of people. Never mind though Facebook comments from accounts that may not even be real are now fact to support claims of a community outbreak. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Moulton now tweeting about 2 unrelated positive results.....

Just another cluster forming then, no doubt they're on top of it....

I'm still not convinced that the Java staff should have been permitted back to work straight away. Really don't understand the logic there.