IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

This one won’t age well - will he cease to be a prick when it’s confirmed ?

no, he'll continue to be a prick. Forever.

It doesn't matter if it ends up that there are cases, that's not the point. It's the absolute glee and sensationalism that pisses me off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaymann said:

Just another cluster forming then, no doubt they're on top of it....

I'm still not convinced that the Java staff should have been permitted back to work straight away. Really don't understand the logic there.

Because there’s little risk. If you think about it they weren’t tested until Monday at the earliest a good 6 days after the exposure so the same as a 7 day test really. How long would you have preferred to see them locked up in their own homes for? 

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If true and it has been left to spread unchecked for a week of so I expect we will be seeing Jersey/Guernsey type figures coming in soon enough.

Oh great. Another attempt to cheer people up based on absolutely no qualifiable information whatsoever. 

10 hours ago, CowMan said:

If their information isn’t to be trusted why would you then suddenly trust them if they finally came out and said ‘You must all now lockdown’ when you admit they’re liars who you believe are being economical with the truth? 

I wouldn't trust them then either.  That's the point - if you handle communications badly and aren't open about what you know and don't know, you could be making mistakes of being too lax and too restrictive at different times, or  even at the same time in different rules.  For example I'm not sure that the January lockdown was essential, but we know so little about the pattern of spread that we can't tell.  

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

You need to stop being positive and objective. It wont go down well on here:lol:

Alas one of the things that the last year should have taught us is that being positive and being objective don't always go together.  Epidemics can't be defeated by sunny optimism.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I'm going to call bullshit right there.

It's not so hard to imagine. One cluster has so far got 38 cases with rigorous contact tracing and people in isolation. If five clusters pop up then simple maths will tell you that's potentially 190 cases. In a society with no social restrictions covid moves very rapidly and things can get out of hand very quickly. Look at the UK and see the destruction they're minimalist approach has taken.

This is also around about the time for random cases to be popping up.

That being said I'll wait till the Government make an announcement on this. As others have said randoms on Facebook are not a reliable source.

No doubts they are (correctly) trying to contact trace any cases so they can link it back to the original cluster. 

• Like 2