IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well hopefully with just 2 unexplained cases it won’t be full lockdown but I expect those calling for one will win the day & another £20m spend to fuck the non government workers even more 

Unfortunately I think you’re going to right. This continuous uncertainty is playing hell with business certainty and I am sure the nerves of many. I have said it before, but the shelf life of the elimination strategy is nearing its end. The response this afternoon will indicate how creative and courageous this government. 

1 minute ago, Out of the blue said:

Unfortunately I think you’re going to right. This continuous uncertainty is playing hell with business certainty and I am sure the nerves of many. I have said it before, but the shelf life of the elimination strategy is nearing its end. The response this afternoon will indicate how creative and courageous this government. 

Well Guernsey who he likes to compare to are still getting the odd unexplained case but still carried on with easing of restrictions, the strict lockdown of previously when he wouldn’t allow support bubbles was ridiculous 

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well hopefully with just 2 unexplained cases it won’t be full lockdown but I expect those calling for one will win the day & another £20m spend to fuck the non government workers even more 

Regardless of the outcome it just shows you how many people are hanging on to these gloomy rumours and unvalidated Facebook posts to keep their gloomy prayers and sad lockdown wishes alive. 

• Sad 1

Just now, CowMan said:

Regardless of the outcome it just shows you how many people are hanging on to these gloomy rumours and unvalidated Facebook posts to keep their gloomy prayers and sad lockdown wishes alive. 

You’re spot on and many public sector workers will be happy & many self employed, hospitality etc will be very depressed 😩

Thank god I went out last night 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

You’re spot on and many public sector workers will be happy & many self employed, hospitality etc will be very depressed 😩

Thank god I went out last night 

Ironically we cancelled our plans, felt it was the sensible option given there was a slight chance of a possible spread. Facebook this morning was full of friends tagging each other in various venues, given it was pay day weekend for many it looked absolutely heaving, glad I gave it a miss. Same said friends are now sharing the news stories of possible spread and are worried about another lockdown, does make me laugh but we’ve seen it time and time again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jaymann said:

A lockdown is going to be kneejerk and overreactionary if it happens.

I can certainly see the suggestion of introduction of social distancing and recommended face coverings for a few days, you know, as per that strategy they published but don't follow.

Without the genomics, they don't know the scale of what has happened. In the time it is taking contact tracing, they could be doing genomics in parallel, to give them an idea of what they're looking for at the same time. RNA doesn't forget, people do.

Lockdown is a brute-force measure to put things to a halt. Rightly or wrongly, the Island is in a situation where it's the only ace up our sleeve.

People being asked to go home and stay home doesn't bode well. The whispers in the wind are saying lockdown is imminent whilst they get a handle on the current situation.

9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

What’s the point in making an announcement when everyone is out telling people to go home?

If only there was some way of getting the message out quickly, like if they had a fancy text alert service or something.

If only we all carried pagers, or some form of radio telephone.

• Like 3