IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, The Chief said:

wow everything sounds a little panicky, if they are asking for all events to be cancelled then surely a lockdown is inevitable. (not that i want one at all and i work for the government @Banker)

Just before you couldn’t even easily drive past the Total Station on Alexander Drive as so many people where hanging off the forecourt into the road to fill their tanks. A lot of central Douglas like a ghost town already. The perfect exercise in mass panic techniques. There must be loads of really pleased people waiting for 3pm now in the hope that their week long campaign of doom spreading because we didn’t instantly lockdown on Monday is perhaps about to be rewarded. 

27 minutes ago, trmpton said:

What’s the point in making an announcement when everyone is out telling people to go home?

If only there was some way of getting the message out quickly, like if they had a fancy text alert service or something.

Lockdown 1 they text all mobiles

Also there is the option to sign up for this

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/departments/home-affairs/emergency-planning-unit/

3 minutes ago, snowman said:

Lockdown 1 they text all mobiles

Also there is the option to sign up for this

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/departments/home-affairs/emergency-planning-unit/

I am signed up for that, they haven’t used it that was my point.

They did text me recently to say it was windy though just in case I was incapable of seeing the debris flying past the house or hear the roof rattling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1