IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

So the advice is: responsible people to stay in and not mix, irresponsible people can do what they like.

It's so lacklustre and messy.

They could literally leave that advice there for weeks, no legal implementations.

It's not straight forward and it needs decisive and clear advice. Not what is being given here.

Great to see Mr Quayle being agitated and angry with Paul Moulton as per.

• Like 5

"Don't go out"

As a waiter, I HAVE to go out and earn my wages. Yet they're advising people NOT to go out. Who's going to pay my wages if I go to work but people don't go out???

Mind you, the place where I work is dying a slow death since the "works" on the Promenade have started a few years back.

Oh well, as long as they keep filling their hidden bank accounts, all is well and good with the Isle of Man.

• Like 3

Last September when I travelled off-Island, I was in Zurich for a few days. They got on with life and introduced measures in restaurants and bars to ensure safe distances from groups.

This is where IOM Gov simply fail to realise the damages their decisions cause to parts of the Island economy.

It would be perfectly practical and reasonable for HQ to announce that these venues can remain open for now subject to additional measures and table separations. Instead he faffed.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Stay home. Sounded clear to me.

He was very clear that you are legally required to do nothing and his advice was simply of a precautionary nature for people who are concerned. Certainly I have no intention to stay at home as legally I’m not required to by either government or the police. I’ll probably take sensible precautions whilst out and about like distancing and wearing the mask I’ve been wearing since Wednesday when entering shops or coffee shops. So really exactly nothing has changed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Last September when I travelled off-Island, I was in Zurich for a few days. They got on with life and introduced measures in restaurants and bars to ensure safe distances from groups.

This is where IOM Gov simply fail to realise the damages their decisions cause to parts of the Island economy.

It would be perfectly practical and reasonable for HQ to announce that these venues can remain open for now subject to additional measures and table separations. Instead he faffed.

Exactly he’s saying we’re not making pubs shut but we’d like them to !!! But if it’s not mandatory there’s no support payments 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Exactly he’s saying we’re not making pubs shut but we’d like them to !!! But if it’s not mandatory there’s no support payments 

Yep totally Alf's input into discussions. And its pay weekend so all the pubs/resturants hoping for a windfall. Apparently brewery pubs all closing , which will probably save them money ! 

• Like 1