IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Can you imagine the amount of swabs per day they will receive from the Steam Packet. Are they employing nurses or medical staff to take swab? Will the Steam Packet have additional wages for staff, to come in early prior to the shift to swab and to stay later after their shift for additional swabbing?

Some years ago, I was across for some reason or other. The Ben couldn’t get in to Heysham because of fog, so they sent us all to Liverpool where they had to break the Lady out of dock to get us home. We were all boarded, but waited for an absolute age until they had the requisite number of crew on board to be able to sail.

i wonder how fine the line is these days? 

Really tough situation today. I think that COMIN has likely ‘failed to govern’. Compare and contrast with the response in Howard’s beloved New Zealand.

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

The only one who should be wearing a dunces cap is Howie for that presser, when asked will you support businesses & staff for closing voluntarily he said well no it’s taxpayers money!!! So all the non government workers get shafted again!!

Yes but there's the advantage that Quayle is the only one stupid enough to say it out loud, which means they might have to do another u-turn and they can't now get away with shifting the blame onto the businesses and the public.

5 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Why would that be? Quayle has made it clear that there is no compensation on offer to anyone for not being able to work so why on earth would anyone pay any attention to his request to voluntarily stay at home? I have no hesitation in not complying with his ‘request’ at all although I suspect we might now have the strange situation of everyone in government staying at home and no services being delivered and everyone else just cracking on with it.

Yes true. In his defence though he did say there would be a decision either way tomorrow. Maybe we can forgive him, or give him a chance for 24hrs. 

Then we can slate him:D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes true. In his defence though he did say there would be a decision either way tomorrow. Maybe we can forgive him, or give him a chance for 24hrs. 

Then we can slate him:D

We wouldn’t need to give him that extra time (and therefore, potentially, also giving that extra time for the virus to spread through the community) if a certain on island genomics testing lab was being utilised. Especially given that the government knew about the unexplained cases yesterday. What are you views on using the IOM based lab these days, out of interest? 

• Like 5

Just now, manxst said:

We wouldn’t need to give him that extra time (and therefore, potentially, also giving that extra time for the virus to spread through the community) if a certain on island genomics testing lab was being utilised. Especially given that the government knew about the unexplained cases yesterday. What are you views on using the IOM based lab these days, out of interest? 

I have given up on that subject

But if I hadn't I'd ask you this. Didnt they get these positive results this morning which mean your genomic sequencing would be available tomorrow at lunchtime (outline results) and Monday morning for  complete report. 

I believe that all close contacts have been tested and those results will be available tomorrow am and the plan will depend upon them.

I give up because I am constantly misquoted. The genomic sequencing would be good but the track and trace is always at least 24hours in front and is much more crucial to stopping infection routes.

It's the last time I will be drawn:D.......till next time

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

I noted a news item on the MR site that pubs and restaurants will not face prosecution for opening tonight. It may well have added that FB persecution will follow however. My local restaurant was fully booked tonight, but has closed due to reasonable fears about the social media lynch mob. He is out of pocket again and doesn’t even get compensated.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I have given up on that subject

But if I hadn't I'd ask you this. Didnt they get these positive results this morning which mean your genomic sequencing would be available tomorrow at lunchtime (outline results) and Monday morning for  complete report. 

I believe that all close contacts have been tested and those results will be available tomorrow am and the plan will depend upon them.

I give up because I am constantly misquoted. The genomic sequencing would be good but the track and trace is always at least 24hours in front and is much more crucial to stopping infection routes.

It's the last time I will be drawn:D.......till next time

The positive results were obvious given to the ‘recipients’ yesterday, hence the woman saying her son was a positive case via the news medium of Facebook which was and is well reported, here and elsewhere. Look forward to next time....when you’ll be clutching at straws again.

• Like 1

Are the revised PCR guidelines issued by the WHO  on

20 January 2021/13 January 2021  being followed?

Are the number of cycles being disclosed?

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

Covid cases plummeted in most countries after this time.

"Description of the problem: WHO requests users to follow the instructions for use (IFU) when interpreting results for specimens tested using PCR methodology.  

Users of IVDs must read and follow the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is recommended by the manufacturer.

WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity.

Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information.

Actions to be taken by IVD users:

1. Please read carefully the IFU in its entirety.
  2. Contact your local representative if there is any aspect of the IFU that is unclear to you.
  3. Check the IFU for each incoming consignment to detect any changes to the IFU.
  4. Provide the Ct value in the report to the requesting health care provider."  <<REVEAL THE FIGURE PLEASE<<

If the PCR value is too high you get too many false positives. If they are using 40 cycles the values much too high..

Note what Kary Mullis says. He won a Nobel Prize for the PCR. He has harsh words to on the PCR as a diagnostic tool, and on Fauchi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXm9kAhNj-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aISPlTLbJo

2 minutes ago, manxst said:

The positive results were obvious given to the ‘recipients’ yesterday, hence the woman saying her son was a positive case via the news medium of Facebook which was and is well reported, here and elsewhere. Look forward to next time....when you’ll be clutching at straws again.

I cant be blamed for government giving wrong information didnt HQ say he only found at at 10am this morning or did I dream that.

6 minutes ago, manxst said:

Was just about to say the same thing. I just don't why HD is so anti being pro-active and managing the virus rather than it managing us.

• Like 2

Jesus, they had a COMIN meeting in the morning to look at the results from last night. It finished at around 1pm, they released the findings by 1.30ish and had a press briefing at 3pm. 

Howard explained the reasons, timelines etc, it all seems perfectly normal to me, but we still have to go through this nit picking process which is destructive. 

If we locked down every time we got two unexplained cases, we wouldn't know whether we were coming or going, can't people see that? It's a fine line between buggering us all up and keeping things moving!  

• Like 12